Vol. 6 Chp. 2: Paper Shuffle

Start from the beginning

Yuuko didn't yell at Kagurazaka and wore a gentle smile, "It's okay, Noro."

She pulled the young man into a hug. Kunie made her way over and joined the hug. Kagurazaka's eyes were watery before tears streamed down his cheeks.

~~~

Kagurazaka quickly sat up as he felt his face. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

It was dark in his room, but he noticed Ichihashi's and Mori's figures sleeping peacefully.

Wiping his eyes, he carefully got out of bed and went to his dresser. He opened the top drawer and pulled out a picture.

'It is her... It's my mother...'

There was also a necklace with a Maine Coon attached to it.

~Timeskip~

Ayanokouji's POV

One day, a heavy atmosphere hung over the class.

However, this atmosphere was by no means pessimistic. It was filled with just the right amount of tension.

Class D's teacher, Chabashira-sensei, was the first to take this in, "Please find your seats. All of you seem to have made plenty of preparations."

The atmosphere grew heavier and more dignified as soon as she entered the classroom.

Compared to before, the class we presented her with looked natural. In this respectful atmosphere, Chabashira-sensei didn't hide her surprise, "Everyone looks rather serious. It's hard for me to believe everyone here is part of Class D."

She glanced over at Kagurazaka's seat, and he wasn't there. He still hasn't attended class, and it's been over a week.

"That's because today is when you announce the mid-term exam results, right?" Ike said nervously.

Chabashira-sensei replied with a sly smile, "That's exactly right. You must drop out immediately if you fail your midterm or final exams. I've told you this before, so it should remain fresh in your memories. It's natural to be nervous or anxious, but none of you even had the proper mentality until now. I'm glad to see all of you growing up."

Chabashira-sensei commended her student's new, never-before-seen attitude, but that doesn't mean our scores will improve. The only real change has been to our mentalities.

As a matter of course, Chabashira-sensei dared to say this, "However, you'll need to be prepared for the consequences if you've failed. So now I'm going to post the midterm exam results. Make sure you don't mix up your name and score."

The reason why she reminded us is precisely that this warning is genuine. If someone could not accept their scores and reacted violently, the school wouldn't hesitate to respond harshly with ample evidence from the cameras watching the students installed in every classroom.

Does that mean Kagurazaka is expelled? That question should be going through a lot of my classmates' minds.

"For all subjects, it's fine to consider the passing grade to be a score of 40 points or more. Those who do not meet this standard will be subjected to expulsion."

"The scores announced from now on will also reflect your results at the sports festivals. In terms of results, those who achieved high scores and found success at the festival attained a score exceeding 100 points. The score will be treated as a full score."

It looks like everyone managed to pass.

"You're averaging 64 points. How very ordinary. Why don't you give up this farce and get serious?" Horikita asked, narrowing her eyes.