Chapter 4: The source of his joy, the center of her world...the meet!

Почніть із самого початку

"They weren't though," Ryan mumbled, looking very relaxed.

"Lip? Jer?" Stan addressed his two friends with fire in his eyes. He could feel how fiercely his mate was struggling to stay calm and wanted some justice to prevail before the soldier lost his shit. "You know I'm right."

Jeremy gave a deep sigh. "Before I get into this..."

"Talk to me, zaddy," Ryan leisurely crossed his legs and turned smoldering green eyes on his mate who suddenly looked flustered.

"Oh no, he didn't," Stan bellowed even as chuckles erupted from the people gathered.

"You've never..." Jeremy began to speak but couldn't seem to find the words.

"I know," Ryan said softly. "I've never called you that," he added with a shrug and a smile.

"He's buttering you up, Jer," Philip rasped but even he couldn't suppress his smile.

"I don't know what to say." Jeremy looked dazed. "Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome, Sir," Ryan responded smoothly, killing his mate even more.

And even as Jeremy's head fell back with a groan, everyone burst into laughter...except Paige, Stan, and Will.

After the laughter died down, Jeremy sat straight with a confused expression. "Where was I?" he breathed, causing another bout of laughter.

"Man's got willy wobbles," George laughed even as Jeremy gave him the finger.

"Baby, Stan is right," Jeremy Stanton finally said quietly. "That fool needs to be given the most painful death immediately. No one goes against Stanwood and lives to see the next sunrise."

"Is it possible you feel that way because you had a conversation with him?" Philip asked Ryan.

"It's not because of that." Ryan shook his head. "It's just a feeling I have. I'm just pleading with you guys. After all, that rogue is going nowhere..."

"Except that he's breathing," Paige growled, eyes which had turned amber trained on her friend. Her wolf was clearly close and wanted out.

"Last time I checked, you were not the owner of the air, Paige," Ryan chuckled as he rose from his seat and went to Paige. "Calm down," He murmured as he slipped his fingers into her hair and gently rubbed her scalp, releasing some calming energy to her in the process. "There..." he whispered when Paige's claws began to retract.

"Until when are we to keep him under our roof, alive and eating our food?" Stan asked.

"Until Ryan says it's okay to handle it the Stanwood way," Gloria Stanton responded smoothly as she entered the meeting room where the discussion was being held. "Hey, honey." She threw Ryan a brilliant smile.

"Aw, thank god," Ryan gasped as he went to hug his mother-in-law to the amusement of his mate and the annoyance of Stan. He'd called Gloria to come and support him when he realized that everyone in the meeting room, including his silly mate, was against him.

"Aw, come on, Mama G," Stan threw up his hands in angry frustration. "He has to die and you know it," he growled.

"And just who are you growling at, young man?" Gloria snapped.

"Sorry," Stan murmured as he dropped his eyes. His dark scowl made him look like an angry little boy who was being told off by his mother. Gloria softened at his look.

"No one is saying he doesn't deserve to die, Stanley," She sighed. "Just give it some time and let's see what comes up."

"He shot me in the arse, for fuck's sake," Stan scowled, drawing chuckles and snorts from the others despite the seriousness of the situation.