Chapter 2: The source of his joy, the center of her world...it begins!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: The sexy Kate, acted by the luscious Coco Jones

Video: Brown Skin Girl by Chris Brown ft. Sean Paul

Dedicated to rednileb69

Cheers!

***

"The next award is the Model of the Year, women category," the announcer's voice boomed in the auditorium. "This person distinguished herself by having top-tier bookings with the best photographers, stylists, and clients... earning for herself a next-level visibility."

"And the winner for this year is," the presenter paused for dramatic effect, "Catherine Stevens."

Loud applause met the announcement as Kate sashayed sexily up onto the stage in a beautiful plum backless sequined gown that showed off her alluring curves. Her twelve-inch heels drew delighted gasps from the crowd. She worked it like the pro that she was. She looked absolutely stunning with her beautiful dark skin, flawless makeup, and brilliant smile.

Kate took her award from the presenter and held it up as the audience applauded. She had no control over the tears that ran down her cheeks or her wide grin. A group of people were on their feet, applauding the hardest. And it didn't look like they intended to stop soon.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my family," Kate said as she gestured at the excited group to the audience's amusement. "Hands down, the best family on this planet."

Her heartfelt words triggered another round of applause. When the applause eventually died down, Kate continued;

"I would like to thank my family, my manager, and everyone who has contributed to my success. But I want to dedicate this award to Professor Ryan Hicks Stanton." There was a collective gasp from her family, which Kate heard perfectly. After all, she had great hearing. "Come on up, Ryan."

More applause followed as a gorgeous young man with pure white hair and a shocked facial expression left the group to join Kate upstage. He looked absolutely dashing in his tuxedo. She hugged him and then gave him the award. Then into the microphone, she said,

"Now he has no choice but to forgive me for the silly stunt I pulled some years ago."

The audience laughed. But her family laughed even harder as Kate and a laughing Ryan left the stage.

*

Hours later, the PAWZ club was buzzing as Kate's friends and family partied. It was the after party which had been organized by Stan Norris, Kate's boss, as a gift to her. As the head warrior in the Stanwood Pack, Kate reported directly to Stan who was the head Beta to the alpha of the Stanwood Pack.

"Fuck, I don't know what to say, Stan," Kate murmured as Stan enveloped her in his arms. "This is too much."

"You deserve it and more, Katie," Stan rasped as he hugged her. "I'm so proud of you." Even though her work as the head warrior was demanding, she managed to handle that brilliantly in addition to a bustling modeling career. "Have any idea how difficult it was to stop myself from shouting that you were a Warrior bitch?"

"You should have," Kate laughed. "I'd have probably said fuck it and shifted on stage," she added with a sassy pose, making Stan laugh.

"You're so amazing in everything, it just blows my mind." Stan stepped back and looked at Kate with fondness.

"Stop, you'll make me cry," Kate groaned. "I wouldn't be able to give off my best if it wasn't for you. I love and appreciate you, Stan. Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, cut it out," Stan scoffed. "You're not getting out of that surveillance duties next week, woman." He turned to go, leaving Kate staring after him with a look of surprise that was downright comical.