2. Ocean Blue Eyes

Começar do início

"You're late today." Reema uttered.

"Yeah. Ell splashed a bucket of water on me in the morning."

I huffed and sat down beside my friends who were sitting on the last bench of the left row.

"What?!" They laughed out loud.

Before I could say anything Mrs. Gomez, our Mathematics teacher entered the classroom. This lady is nice but boring.

"She looks cool today." Reema whispered.

"Didn't have a fight with the husband today I guess." I giggled but it was a bit louder.

"Ms. Rauf are you here to offer us your giggling sound instead of learning some mathematical formulas?" Mrs. Gomez threw daggers over her ugly glasses.

"Sorry, Mrs. Gomez. Actually I was listening to you attentively. But suddenly I felt a lump in my throat so I coughed."

"Then can you please enlighten us by explaining the difference between integration and differentiation?"

"Ah.. I- I just you know. Ijustnevereverheardthosewordsinmyentirelife." I blinked and smiled awkwardly.

Her jaw dropped on the floor as everyone started laughing.

"I don't want to waste my precious time on you Ms Rauf. You may sit down."

"Thank you, Mrs Gomez."

After that she went back to her boring and footless lecture again.
In mathematics class, my eyes stay on the blackboard but my mind goes somewhere else and my brain sleeps peacefully. This same thing happens in my chemistry and physics classes.

In contrast my brain, my mind and my eyes work incredibly well in other classes especially in biology classes. That's why I had low grades in math, physics and chemistry.

Classes passed one by one and now it was already the lunch break. We headed to the cafeteria for lunch. I took a sandwich. Reema and Marjan took burgers. We sat on a corner side table and started eating. Our eyes went to Delilah and Fardinn, giggling and laughing.

"We're tired of this scenario." Reema growled and took a bite from her burger.

"Don't give a shit." Marjan rolled her eyes.

"You heard the news about yesterday? Someone killed a man horribly and threw the dead body on the seashore behind the forest." I whispered.

"Oh yes I was about to say that. I almost had a heart attack." Reema uttered.

"Yeah. I think it's a perfectly planned murder." Marjan whispered.

"I think it's some psycho killer and we should postpone our plan." I huffed.

"Of course not!" Marjan frowned and scoffed.

"Oh girls! I forgot to tell you something. Granny is coming today! I think she's already arrived at my home."

There was a dead silence for a few moments between my two best friends.

"What?! Are you kidding me?!" Reema opened and closed her mouth.

"No, I'm serious." I bit my bottom lip.

"God. Why is this happening to us?! At first a murder occurred yesterday and now this old lady is already in your house." Reema rubbed her face with her palm and sighed.

"Don't worry. We're going to the club tonight and your granny won't be able to stop us." Marjan smirked.

Reema and I looked at each other and then looked at Marjan.