[𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄]

Start from the beginning

    "I feel that you've been slacking so starting today you will resume training with Kali and also training your abilities with me everyday after school," Deucalion announces. 

My eyes flicker over to Kali to see a small smirk etched across her face. She always loves it when I have to train with her seeing as I'm a weaker target than Ennis and the twins.

I follow beside Deucalion as we walk towards our small training room. He says that we'll start with my abilities first so that I'm not too tired to concentrate.

    "We'll be trying a different method today," Deucalion announces as he passes me a small object.

    "Clairvoyants have the ability to not only see the future but also the past. If you manage to control seeing the past then premonitions of the future should come with ease and be easily controlled," Deucalion explains.

I look down at the object he handed me, turning it over in my hand. It's a silver locket with engravings of flowers etched into its surface. I trace the patterns delicately with my fingers.

    "I want you to tell me what happened to the owner of that locket." 

I sit down on the floor opposite Deucalion and close my eyes, clutching the locket tightly. Taking a deep breath, I clear my mind and attempt to focus on the object in my grasp.

    "You need to sense the object Wren. It's scent, the way it feels in your hands, the aura it emits." 

I let out my breath slowly and hone in my senses onto the cool metal, feeling the way the smooth metal lays in my hand. Taking in a breath, I smell the scent of flowers before hearing a sound, the sound of light laughter.

Images flood into my mind of a beautiful woman with dark auburn hair and piercing green eyes. Her eyes crinkle as she lets out a soft laugh, running around a bright living room and into a small kitchen.

    "Where are you James?" She calls out playfully as I notice a silver locket dangling from around her neck.

I take a step forward as a man enters the room. I try to focus on him but his features remain blurred.

Suddenly the images begin to rapidly shift, the room becomes dark and the laughter turns into cries of agony and pain. I flinch as a splatter of red sprays across the wooden floors and a cold hand drops to the floor.

I gasp out of my vision, nearly dropping the locket as I quickly put it on the ground before me. Deucalion reaches for it and places it into his pocket.

    "I say a woman, she was laughing with a man named James but then it changed to screaming and she was killed," I blurt out, my ears still ringing from the strength of her scream.

Deucalion only hums in response before rising to his feet, I follow suit.

    "Kali will be in to train you now. We'll continue with this later this evening." Without another word, he turns on his heel and swiftly exits the room. 

I frown slightly as I trace where the locket once lay in my palm. I wonder how Deucalion got his hands on it and why it almost seemed to upset him…

~~~

After a rough two hours of training with Kali and another three with Deucalion, I fall into bed utterly exhausted.

Deucalion is irritated with me. He attempted to get me to have visions of the future again but nothing seems to work. I just can't seem to control them. 

After hours of trying and failing, Deucalion ordered me to leave and that we'd resume in the morning after I train with Kali; much to my dismay. 

I didn't say anything though and just agreed to get some rest which I'm in desperate need of. My head barely hits the pillow before I'm out like a candle.