[𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄]

Start from the beginning

I pull out my backpack that I retrieved from the janitor's closet earlier and pull out my physics notebook, jotting down some summarised notes I didn't have time to do in class.

After about fifteen minutes, I close my book and let out a soft sigh, my head pounding painfully and my arms sore.

I reach into my bag and pull out the two bottles of pills, dumping two of each into my palm and swallowing them down with some water.

They don't take the pain away completely but something is better than nothing.

I look up and discreetly observe as Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Allison and Isaac enter the cafeteria, all sitting down by a table near the middle of the room as they start to discuss something. 

I attempt to make out what they're saying but in the loud cafeteria without any supernatural hearing it's an impossible task. 

I look away from their group and turn my attention back out the window, ready for the day to be over.

English is my last class for the day and I've been staring at the clock, counting down the minutes till we're allowed to leave for the past 45 minutes. 

The second the bell rings I'm already ready and up from my desk, rushing out of the class like the other kids.

    "Ms. Summers, stay behind for a moment," Ms. Blake calls out and it takes me a moment to register that she's talking to me.

Groaning internally, I turn on my heel and grudge back into the class, plastering a fake smile on my face.

    "Ms. Blake, anything I can help you with?" I ask her, Fighting the urge to turn on my heel and run out of the class. Being in here fills me with a sense of dread for some reason.

    "I've noticed you've been lacking in class. Losing focus easily and not participating in group discussions. Is everything alright?" She queries, a soft smile plastered to her face.

I shift my weight uneasily. 

    "Yeah, everything's fine. English just isn't my strong suit," I brush off. Ms. Blake tilts her head curiously.

    "Well I beg to differ. I read that assignment you handed in on Wednesday and I was quite surprised at the level of writing. It was a very intriguing and um, graphic short story." 

I think back on the story I wrote. It was about a young man who was brutally murdered by an unseen force on a full moon. Original, I know, but it was late and all I had on my mind at the time was my vision of the boy by the pool.

    "I just write whatever comes to mind," I say with a small shrug before not-so-subtly glancing at the clock.

    "Right, well I'll leave you to it," Ms. Blake says as she notices my fidgeting, "And maybe sometime next week we can have a little chat about your stories. My door is always open." 

I nod and say goodbye to her politely before quickly rushing out of the room, shaking off the cold feeling in my spine as I feel Ms. Blake's eyes on me as I leave.

~~~

We head straight to the Bank after school, Deucalion wanting to discuss something with the twins before chatting with me afterwards.

I wait in the foyer, sitting on the cool tile as I doodle in the back of my English book. 

Footsteps echoing through the room make me look up to see Deucalion and Kali walking towards me. I scurry to my feet and shove my books back into my bag hastily.

    "Wren, feeling better after yesterday's events, are you?" Deucalion questions.

    "Uh, yeah," I reply hesitantly.