Chapter Twenty Six

A/n: I decided to just skip writing about the ending fight scene, I honestly don't know how to write a huge fight scene at all. (I hope that's okay with everyone. If not, I'll gladly write it!)

•• # ••

Dr. Keith huffed out a long deep breath that he was holding onto for awhile, he just couldn't believe that he really had lost. All of his research, and plans, just all lost. The sky was slowly starting to become brighter, which only meant it was a new day already. Keith could hear the sounds of faint screams, along with gun firing plus the helicopters all around the area.
It seems that the rescue teams were finally here.

"Dad?" Suho looked down at his father, it seemed after the fight. Keith may not make it, but that was okay, right? Suho at one point in his life, admired his father. So apart of him actually was going to miss the old version of his father, just not this one. "Suho, I can't apologize for what I've done. In fact, it's best if you hate me and only think of me as a bad memory." He wasn't going to apologize for his crimes, as he had full control of his actions he made. Dr. Keith knew what he was doing, and what the risks were. He didn't care about the loss of humanity, that's why he wasn't going to ask anyone for forgiveness.

There was nothing to forgive, and he was proud to where he got. Of what he created, even if it was all lost now.
Suho knitted his brows, wondering why his mother fell for this man. Maybe back then, he wasn't like this. But unfortunately, a monster would never unveil himself unless caught.
"Even if you did apologize, I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever acknowledge it. You're a terrible human, and father. I hope you rot in hell." Suho glared before walking away, not wanting to be around his father any longer.

Leon and Ada had watched the small interaction between the two, of course they've always seen these sort of situations happen with Doctors and their kids. It was really nothing new for them at all. "So, I'm taking Keith will be in your custody then?" Ada glanced at Leon, as he still stared at the doctor laying on the ground. "If he survives." Though it did seem like a possibility for Keith to survive. After all, Leon made sure of that.

"By the way, how's the little partner of yours? Do you plan on recruiting her?" Ada was curious about Y/n, she definitely could handle this line of work. Though, Ada rather have Y/n work with her instead. But, Y/n probably was going to follow Leon.
"Unfortunately, I think it's best if she doesn't cross paths with me. You already know this line of work isn't for everyone, besides. She deserves to live a normal life." Ada smiled, she figured Leon would say some corny thing like that.

Though, deep down Leon would miss having Y/n as a partner. Of course she wasn't skilled, but she could learn. However, he doesn't want to have his feelings develop more towards her.
Besides, working with someone you have feelings for was difficult. Leon had strong feelings for Ada, but eventually they died down. He couldn't keep stressing over the fact if she was alive or not.

Ada crossed her arms as she stared over at Suho who joined them. "I think I'll take you under my wing." Leon rose a brow along with Suho. "What?" He asked, as he wasn't sure what the duo was talking about. "I want you to come work with me, only if you agree to it?" Ada offered, as she really took a liking to Suho. He would be a great partner, though she really prefers to work alone. However, Suho had a lot of potential. "I-I don't know Ada, this isn't something I would like to do for the rest of my life." Ada nodded, she understood. "Well, I tried. But if you ever change your mind, just shoot me a text." She waved before leaving the two by themselves.

Ada didn't want to deal with the government asking her questions, and also because she doesn't work for them and isn't exactly on their side either.

Suho looked over at Leon, "So...since you took Y/ns heart, are you going to at least visit her before leaving without a trace?" Leon knitted his brows. "What do you mean by that?" Why would he have took her heart....

....

Suho gave Leon a blank expression, wondering if this guy was clueless of knowing if a women likes him or not. "Anyways, it's not like that." Leon glared at the short male who just smirked while crossing his arms over his chest. "Oh really? Then why is it so hard for you to go visit her before leaving? Assuming you'll still be here for a few days." It's not that he didn't want to visit Y/n, it's just if he saw her. Would he be able to let go?

Maybe he should go make sure she is doing well later, and perhaps talk to her about what's she going to do. Considering that her father wasn't around anymore. She might be alone, though there was Suho and Tiffany that could take care of her.

"Hey, don't mean to change the subject. But, there's a helicopter coming this way. I think it's probably for you and Keith." Suho pointed out as Leon turned around. There was two familiar faces, Maria and Bert. He was glad to see that they had made it out okay.

Once the helicopter landed, Maria quickly got off and threw her arms around Leon. Finding any excuse just to do that, as she really wanted to see how muscular he was. "Leon! You're alright! And I see you have a friend here?" Maria pulled away to see Suho. Also noticing behind them, was Dr. Keith Jung. "And the Doctor."

Bert looked at Leon as they both just gave a single nod to each other, their way of greeting. "Nice to see you in one piece, but that women probably did all the work for you." Bert had a smug look as Leon was confused. "What women?"

"I think she said her name was Y/n? We've found her earlier and brought her back to the refugee camp." Leon didn't even know that they had found her already, but he was glad they did. "Leon, she also wants to talk to you when you get the chance to spare." Bert added while walking past him to take care of Dr. Keith Jung.

Great....