Chapter Twenty Five

Realization

Tiffany couldn't believe it, Jodie was still alive...well at least she hoped Jodie was alive, somewhere inside that thing she's become. "Jodie...can you hear me?" Tiffany wasn't sure if Jodie was there or not, but it was worth the shot to at least try. She walked slowly towards her, but Jodie snapped her head around to stare over at Y/n.
Of course it would want to go after Y/n, since the father is no longer apart of this world. However, Tiffany wasn't sure why it targeted the father and the daughter.

Was it something Keith had implemented into this monster? However, she could figure that out later.

Tiffany stared at Y/n, still laying on the as she was terrified, with nothing to defend herself. "Hey! Don't you even think about hurting her!" Jodie would only regret it later on if Tiffany does mange to bring her back. Though it was a small chance, she doesn't know what her husband had done to Jodie.
Tiffany slowly reached her hand down to her coat pocket, pulling out a small vial. The ones she made from Y/ns blood samples.

Instead of just making the few, Tiffany thought she could sneak another one is with one Y/n knowing. This was because she didn't know if they would ever cross paths with Jodie, that if she were still alive. Also, Y/n doesn't even know her mother was still alive all this time.

Y/n noticed the vial was the same one she used for Leon, knitting her brows in confusion. Uncertain about what Tiffany was planning.
She apparently already knew about this monster, and wants to try killing it? One was made to kill Keith...so is this for the same reason?

"Jodie, I can save you. If you just let me." Tiffany slowly walked more closer, Y/n realizing that Tiffany kept calling this monster "Jodie."

Jodie glared back at Tiffany as she stared at the blue liquid, watching it flow around inside the vial. She felt herself trying to take over this monster, but she couldn't. In which, Tiffany noticed the small struggle.

Good, that means you're still in there Jodie.

However, this monster was already starting to affect Jodie's brain. Clouding it with pure evil to destroy. Tiffany seen Jodie slowly turn away from her, as she was ready to go after Y/n again. "Y/n, you need to distract her for me!"
That's when Tiffany decided on a stupid plan, considering the creature is determined to get their hands on Y/n. Maybe...just maybe they can use it to their advantage.

Y/n nodded her head, trusting Tiffany with her life as she looked at the monster in front of her. There was something really strange about it, a familiar aura. Y/n slowly pushed herself up from the floor, stumbling just a little bit as she stared at the monster. Watching it approach more closer, though she didn't let that stop her from reaching out to the monster.
Y/n wasn't sure why she wasn't running away, it's like her mind is entranced.

"Y/n, what are you doing!" Tiffany panicked as she hurried with coating the bullets in her hand gun; Using the vaccine from the vial.
Y/n was supposed to be distracting her, until she heard Y/ns shaking voice...

With trembling hands, Y/n touched the monsters face. "Mom?"
Y/n knitted her brows together, wondering if it was really possible that this monster was her mother. Though, did it really matter if it was? Her mother was now lost forever within this monster...or at least to her knowledge, there was no saving her.

Jodie on the other hand, was ready to tear Y/n apart until she felt a sharp pain in the lower back. Turning around to see Tiffany was holding a hand gun. Panting slightly from anxiety, as Tiffany hoped this would work. She feels bad for shooting her friend, but this was the only way.

Y/n watched the monster begin to scream in agony, as it slowly was melting down into some sort of gooey substance, but a human body took form afterwards. Still covered with the gooey substance, Y/n rushing to her mother's side to wipe the goo from her face at least.
Y/n knew it was her mother, but she also had her doubts that maybe it wasn't. Jodie inhaled a deep breath, as if she was taking her first breath again.

Tiffany was shocked that it actually worked out, considering the bullet was just coated with the vaccine.
Jodie also had barely even tried to fight.

Y/n felt her eyes go heavy, threatened by tears. "Mom?! How is this..I mean how are you still alive? Or-what happened to you for all these years!?" She begun to start crying as Jodie finally adapted to her surroundings. Seeing her daughters face along with Tiffany joining them. "I-..am I really here?" Jodie was just as shocked herself, that she was back to normal. She doesn't remember how long it's been, but it definitely has been years though. Tiffany smiled,
"Jodie, your daughter holds a cure for this virus. And I was able to save you with it. I wasn't sure at first if it would work, but I wanted to try before debunking it." She explained, as Jodie still had a foggy brain. She'll have to rest for awhile before finding learning about everything that occurred.

"I see...you're going to have to fill me in on a lot of stuff later...and Y/n?" Jodie looked back at her daughter.

"Is that really you?" Jodie creased her daughters cheek, staring into her eyes. "You've grown so much, I can't even believe I had missed all of it." Y/n smiled as she held her mother's hand, leaning into it a bit. "It's okay, dad can fill you in on our lives." Tiffany forgot about her father, Leon mentioned he no longer was with us... And did Jodie know too?
After all, his death was caused by her.

Jodie frowned as she remembered her husband, it was when she had managed to  gain some control over the monster. However, it was already too late. She injured him pretty badly, and that's when she lost her control again.
"Y/n...your father...." Y/n stared at her, seeing her mothers expression sadden. That's when she got the hint.

"He's...he's gone....isn't he?" Jodie was shocked her daughter was able to catch on right off the bat. Jodie felt tears building up in the corner of her eyes. "Y-y/n I'm sorry!" She cried as her daughter just held her.

The thing was, Y/n had already known that her father was being targeted. And then seeing her mom suddenly appear, as the monster was originally after her dad...she only could assume he didn't make it. However, she wanted to believe that maybe...just maybe, he was able to make it out okay. But if the monster was after her next, it only meant the worse.

"It's okay mom, it wasn't your fault..and dad knows that too." Y/n patted her mothers back. Assuring that she shouldn't blame herself, Dr.Keith is the one to blame for all of this.

Y/n hoped that the others will make that man suffer, after making thousands of others suffer from his hands.
Tiffany watched the duo as she wondered how Suho was right now. However, her thoughts were interrupted by a bunch of soldiers bursting into the room. Breaking up the reunion.

"1013, we've found the survivors!"