Chapter 14

Third person p.o.v

As the fire blazes around Ethan and his companions, they search for an escape while Phoenix, Astrid, and Paula watch from a safe distance. Astrid is relieved to have her mate back in her arms. She missed him and didn't think she would see him again. Phoenix was relieved that his mate and sister were safe but mourned the loss of their pack Gamma. He couldn't believe Roxette had organized it, not to mention all the torture he had gone through at the hands of his former best friend. Paula felt she got the justice she didn't for her mate's death, and was praying silently to the moon goddess that Ethan was gonna die in the flames. Roxette stands by as the rogues panic, searching for an escape route unfortunately there is no such luck for them,

Ethan was also trying to escape, but then his gaze fixated on Roxette. He couldn't believe how quickly she had come up with this plan. His obsession for her and wanting her to be his mate quickly turned to revenge and now he wants her dead. Ethan tries to contact his Beast but unfortunately, he is unsuccessful so he tries again.

(Ethan - Fuck Beast help me escape.

This time Beast did answer but it was only an answer that Ethan was unsatisfied with.

Beast - No, you deserve this for all you have done, You disgust me I can't believe I was stuck with such a despicable person for a human.)

Beast blocks him out of the mind link leaving Ethan frustratingly angry, He looks up and sees Viserion, the black and red dragon, roaring ferociously. Ethan knew whose dragon it was, and the two of them just stared at each other intensely then Viserion opened his mouth again, not to roar but to breathe fire. To stay alive and exact his revenge, Ethan makes a daring move by jumping through the flames just as Viserion blasts more fire into the circle. Unfortunately, much to his dismay, he doesn't get away unfazed as his body is now burning he runs away and jumps into the nearby river leaving his army to burn. Due to the chaos, nobody noticed his escape, Thanks to the dragons, the fire was brought under control, preventing harm to others in the pack.

Most of the she-wolves in the pack had arrived to see what was going on by the time they arrived the fire was put out, fair to say they were all confused at first but once they saw the burned bodies of the dead rogues they actually seemed pleased but luckily there were no pups around to see this scene, The pack was wary of the other dragons as they only knew Ezra and won't sure who these other dragons were. Most of the dragons land behind the trees, shift back to human form, and put on their previously hidden clothes before revealing themselves. Ezra rushes over to Roxette to check on her. They share a romantic embrace as he takes her into his arms.

Ezra - are you ok?

Roxette - I am now.

She gently rests her forehead on his chest when she suddenly feels the mate bond between her and Ethan break. Roxette finally breathes a sigh of relief, believing that the worst is over and she can now live in peace. However, there is still work ahead of them and It seems that she is unaware that Ethan has managed to escape, let's see what happened to him after he jumped into the river.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan p.o.v

After I jumped into the water I accepted the rejection I managed to pull myself out of the river further downstream and used the rest of my strength to get into a cave. My whole body is badly burned from jumping through those flames, that fucking bitch how dare she do this to me I could have given her the chance to be my mate and give me strong pups but no she had to be an ungrateful bitch....

(Beast - alright that is fucking enough!!!

I get interrupted by Beast who for some weird reason isn't healing me.