She quickly drops her hand and stares daggers at you; she seems very familiar with that look. After what feels like an eternity of silence, you finally work up the balls to ask the question, after which you hope you'll still have them.

"So, tell me, why did you attack me the second you saw me?"

She drops her angry look slowly and eventually looks at you apologetically.

"I have a complicated past with people like you, one that I would rather not dig up. I am sorry."

You try to look her in the eyes to maybe pry it out of her, but she avoids your eyes like vegans avoid meat.

"Well, luckily for me and unlikely for you, we will have to go digging in that noggin."

She once again gets angry and marches up to you, mere centimetres away from you. Taking an even closer look at her, you can see every detail, from her face to her body, from her shoulder-length Lucious jet black hair and her amber eyes to her pale complexion.

Thankfully, you quickly snap out of it when she says, "Why must you be such a nuisance?!."

"Oh, I'm sorry, terribly so! You want me to leave you here for another 400 years so you can become a rabid spirit? Because if so, the next time we meet, I will be here to exterminate you. I am surprised you haven't turned into one yet."

You say the last part with a questioning voice.

Emilie, in turn, looks at you with utter shock plastered across her face. After she stops looking like a deer that's about to be turned into a meaty frisbee by a truck, she stammers out, "How did you know I've been here for 400 years?"

"I could tell from the look in your gorgeous eyes," you say sarcastically while cupping her cheek in your hand, which she doesn't pull away from, something that shocks you. Letting go, you step away and say matter of fact.

"Well, the real reason I knew is that we reapers rarely don't collect souls; the only time we won't collect a soul is if they harm a reaper. And the punishment for that is 400 years, so that was an easy guess. The question is who you attacked."

"I do not regret what I did; he deserved it."

"I mean, I didn't ask, did I? Besides, I know reapers can be assholes; I've had my fair share of encounters with such people."

She looks at you with a mix of anger and relief, but before she can answer back, you open up your menu and start bringing in the data to judge her.

When you are done, you hit enter, and this time four holes open up; however, Emilie, unlike most souls, isn't shocked by the sight. Instead, she stands in waiting very impatiently, and you thought succubae were scary.

Your train of thought is interrupted by her words, "I see what you're thinking, and you do not need to give me the speech as to what this is; your predecessors were kind enough to show me them already. "

You grin and say, "Well, weren't they just little sweethearts?"

She doesn't answer your quip, or you just simply muted her out as your attention turned towards the portals before you.

Without another word from you, you step through the portal to your far left.

Stepping through, you are once again blinded by the same bright white light.

When you're allowed to open your eyes, you see you're in the same spot you were a second ago, but something is different. You immediately spot the reason: the run-down village you were just in is now in almost pristine condition.