09.

Third person's POV

Not long after Suri's departure, a black sports car entered the gates of the pack residence. It made its way to the entrance, its engine roaring as it came to a halt.  Everyone glanced at it once and bowed, as the person inside made his way out. Still dressed in a suit, with the top button undone, Alpha Alexander made his way into the pack house. Standing at 6'2', with calculating chocolate, brown eyes and dark undulated hair, his presence caused a silence to spread in the pack grounds.

He nodded his head in acknowledgement and this seemed to bring life into the immobile pack members. 

"It's good to see you Alpha" Liam said as he made his way to greet Alex.  He flashed a tired smile and responded "Good to see you too, how's Niko with his mate?"

"He's acting like a pup with a crush, although Xiomara is having a hard time without Suri" Liam chuckled as he begun helping Alex unload his suitcase. At the mention of the names, his wolf stirred and a feeling he had never felt surged through. 

Strange he thought as Liam begun reporting the events that had taken place.

" Both girls were found on a road to Avonville yesterday morning, I informed you as well as Alpha Akiel from the New Moon pack. Neither were harmed apart from the twisted ankle of Xiomara, but that was because of Niko chasing her."

"Beta Niko was chasing the girl? Why?"

" Well he got a little too excited and ran towards his mate. She was frightened and ran away." he smiled as they climbed the stairs to the pack house.

"Typical Niko" he chuckled. 

They made their way to his office. As soon as he entered a faint, unfamiliar smell of cherry blossoms with a twinge of citrus filled his nostrils. He froze and inhaled once more. It set his wolf on edge.

"Who has been in here?" he said with a serious voice.

Liam looked around and frowned "No one?"

Alex turned around and stared at Liam "Smell the room. Some one has been in here that is not from my pack. If a rouge was able to get a hold of any information, the pack is in danger"

Liam cursed, "The only people that came into the pack house are the 2 girls and the Alpha couple. They left not long ago but Xiomara is still in the house."

"Tell Niko to bring her into my office now," he growled. With the growing threat of rouges and attacks on other packs, he wasn't going to allow for some rouge to harm his, not after it was all he had left.

___________________

Niko was busy cuddling with Xio when Liam mind linked him that the Alpha wanted to meet her.

Niko bring Xiomara to the office now, alpha's orders, his eyes widened when he heard the serious tone in Liam's voice.

"Something's wrong" he whispered to Xio,  who was cuddled at his side.

"what happened?" she responded while sitting up.

"Alpha wants to meet you but something's off" he said as he begun to get up.

"hmm... well we can't keep the Alpha waiting. Let's go" she sniffed and swiped the tears from her face.

" I promise you, you'll see Suri soon ok?" Niko said while holding her face in his hands. Xio just nodded her head. Niko enlaced his hands with hers and guided her to the Alpha's Office.

The moment he entered, tension and dread filled him. He instinctively put Xio behind once he sensed anger from the Alpha.

"Alpha Alex, welcome back" Niko said as he bowed slightly. Xiomara, not wanting to be seen as disrespectful, stepped to the side and and said "Greetings Alpha."

The moment she spoke, Alex turned and yelled "SILENCE", making Xio flinch, causing Niko to take a defensive position.

"Alex, what is going on?" Niko asked as he stood protectively in front of Xio.

Liam came forward and explained, " A stranger has been able to enter the office and we don't know if any valuable information has been taken. The only people who we know were in the pack house is Xio and Suri as well as the Alpha couple"

"You think my mate had something to with this? No! She has not left my side since we arrived" Niko said offended. Xio was about to respond but Niko tugged her hand and shook his head.

Alex stared hardly at Niko then at the girl beside him. "If she had nothing to do with this, then why does she stink of the unfamiliar scent?" Alex responded and looked questioningly at Niko.

Niko looked confused and looked at Xio, who looked even more confused. "Alph-" she tried to speak but Alex quickly shut her off, "YOU will speak only when given permission. Do I make myself clear?" 

Xio was taken aback and the only thing she could do was nod her head. Niko begun discussing with the Alpha about other possibilities but Alex was having none of it.

Xio sneaked a glance at Niko, wondering if he would say something to defend her but he continued to respond to the Alpha.

It was then she realised that in front of these men, she had no choice but to obey. She was seen as inferior, not being allowed to talk. She knew that many packs were still in the traditional role era but some packs had begun implementing changes. She hadn't given thought to the possibility that her own mate would see her as submissive rather than his equal. Her wolf whimpered at the thought. 

Am I not his equal? 

Alex turned to looked at Xio and sneered.

"Liam, take her to the interrogation cell and keep her there until further investigation is done, I can't stand her smell. If it turns out she has something to do with this she will be punished."

"Alex, no! You can't do-" Niko tried to object as he took a step forward.

Alex's eyes flashed a perilous red.  "The pack is in danger! I will NOT have a low female mutt destroy my Pack. Take her away" He commanded in his alpha voice while Niko fought but finally seemed to submit. As Xio contemplated this, Liam took her by the arm.

"Come with me Xio" he calmly said as he stared at the floor.

"Wait! But-" she stuttered but Liam shook his head. She turned to look at Niko who continued to stare at the Alpha with pleading eyes. At that moment she realised there was no point in fighting. With tears threatening to spill, she let herself be guided out the door and towards a staircase, all hope vanishing once she saw in the dimly lit room and a pair of silver shackles.

Who would've known that her life would change so much in a matter of hours?

------------

Don't forget to vote and comment. Helps me a lot !!