06.

Suri's POV

I quickly went to the changing area that Liam showed me earlier and morphed back. I rapidly changed into the clothes and stepped out to find Xio.

I tried mind linking her but it seemed she had blocked off every communication.

Damnn, she really wants to be left alone, said Ava, as I entered and tried to follow the path they took, but this house, well more like mansion, was HUGE!

I mean, it was nice and but it was enormous ,meaning i wouldn't find Xio easily, so i took a sniff of the air and smelled her scent, mixed with the Beta's, meaning they were together. A low growl escaped my lips.

If he's laid a single paw on her, I'll cut it off, i said as i tried to find her scent again,

Well at least he got to meet his mate before the end, Ava said as she begun stretching in my mind, readying herself for the kill.

As soon as i got a whiff, i ran in the direction, taking off as fast as i could.

"XIO! WHERE HAS THAT IDIOT OF A BETA TAKEN YOU?" I shouted into the empty dim-lighted hallways where the sun casted its light onto the wooden floor.

My heart begun to beat faster.

Worry flooded my senses as i imagined what that beta could do to my Xio. Sure, she could fight but she hasn't practised in over 3 months, plus he's a higher ranking wolf, i mean there's a possibility she could fend him off but he's naturally stronger so-

My thoughts were suddenly cut off at the moment that i heard her voice in the near distance. Relief filled my veins as her loud voice echoed through the empty hallway's walls.

"OvEr HeRe!"

I begun to make my way to the hallway her voice was coming from, but an alluring scent stopped me in my tracks. It was faint but it sent Ava into a frenzy.

I begun to follow the faint scent , which led me to the main grand staircase, which fanned upwards, as if opening its welcoming arms. Curiosity got the best of me, so I decided to follow the scent, because why not?

It led me to another set of staircase, but the closer i got, the stronger the scent got.

Why does this place have so many stairs? they like to work out or something? i huffed to myself as i made my way up the stairs.

I made it up, finally, and begun to go from door to door smelling for the right one until I got to a dark mahogany door.

I quickly scanned my surroundings to make sure no one was looking. I tried the door handle and surprisingly the door creaked open.

I quietly slipped in and closed the door behind me and turned around.

Right in front of me, there was a huge window that stretched from the top of the room, right down to the bottom, letting the sunshine in. To my left, the whole wall was covered with books, with a desk placed neatly in front of it, adorned with books and files, with two chairs. On the right was a nice sofa facing the TV in the wall.

I took a deep breath of the scent, which surprisingly, made me feel all giddy.

I smiled to myself as i begun to look around the room. The welcoming scent had me mesmerised that i didn't hear the door open.

"ummm... Who are you and what are you doing here?" a voice behind me demanded.

I turned around quickly and looked at the person addressing me.

"uhh, Hi, I'm Suri and i have just arrived and got lost while trying to find my friend and i somehow ended here" I said in the sweetest voice I could as the girl, who looked no older than 20, just stared at me.