07.

Last  Chapter...

 I was about to thank him when Liam came strolling through the doors."I've just received word that Alpha Akiel is making his way here. Xio, Suri, prepare yourselves."

My blood ran cold

Oh hell no.

-------

"wHaT!!!" I shouted wide eyed as i stood up with my mouth wide open. Alpha Akiel is making his way here. My brain couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Oh My DAYS!!

I had forgotten about the fact we were 'Missing Girls'. Oh no. He is going to have my head! He's probably going to bury us alive not to mention the fact that the last time I saw him, he was livid!

I don't know what we are gonna do, Ava said as she begun pacing around in my head, whimpering.  I begun to pace up and down the kitchen as well.

"Who told him?! When is he arriving? How does he know we are here?! Do you know if Vanessa will also come? Can we hide?" I gushed out the questions as I looked at Liam worriedly.

"Suri, relax. To answer your questions, it was me who told him, probably in 5 minutes, I had to tell him since Niko was too busy with his mate" he glanced irritated at Niko who gave him a sheepish grin, "maybe and no," he calmly said.

"What are we gonna do?!" squeaked Xio as she begun to to fan herself, frantically looking at her mate.

"Don't worry  I'm sure that he won't do anythi-"

Suddenly the doors burst open, revealing a very distressed-looking Alpha, who was closely followed by his Luna. Both were panting heavily. They must have run here as soon as they knew we were here.

Me and Xio froze as their eyes landed on us. I couldn't read the expressions they had on.

And that scared me.

Then he used his Alpha Voice "Leave Us!", which made Niko and Liam leave, with some resistance from Niko as he was forced away from his mate.

As soon as the doors closed, both the Alpha and Luna strode forward. 

This is the end, I mind linked Xio

It was nice knowing you ,  she replied as I readied myself for the screaming. I closed my eyes, waiting.

Until I felt a pair of arms hug me tightly. 

I was shocked. I slowly opened my eyes to see the alpha hugging me with tears running down his face. Never had I ever seen the Alpha cry, not even when he received word from his father's death. 

"Never, and I mean NEVER, do that again, Suri and Xiomara. We thought we lost you" he whispered as his embrace became tighter.

I looked over to Xio who was embraced by Vanessa, our Luna, as she wept quietly and caressed her hair.

I could see the worry and sadness we had caused them. The sleepless nights that reflected on their faces, their eye bags telling me the long hours they spent praying to the moon goddess that we were safe.

I was suddenly overwhelmed with guilt. Tears pricked at my eyes. My stomach begun to churn. We had caused them so much worry that I begun to cry onto his shoulder repeating 'sorry' over and over again. 

I could hear Xio's hiccups and sniffling, while Vanessa kept mumbling sweet things to her to clam her. This made me cry harder.

They were comforting us when we were the ones that had caused them so much pain and worry. 

After a few moments, Alpha Akiel a broke our embrace and lead me to where Xio and Vanessa were seated. 

"Suri and Xio, I want you to know that we are here for anything you need. I know you want to find your parents but you had to inform me before leaving like that. Do you know the dangers that lurk out there? What could have happened if you had encountered hunters or rouges?"

I bowed my head in shame while Xio started to whimper.

"I don't know what i would do if you-" his voice broke as tears cut paths through his cheeks. Vanessa held his hand tighter

"Fighting is nothing like in training. People don't play fair. Please promise me that you will tell me what your planning before going to little escapades ok?"

He smiled warmly at me while I nodded my head like a child.

Vanessa then turned her head "And our Xio here has found her mate" she proudly said as the Alpha smiled fondly.

"I guess I need to go question him" the alpha said jokingly

"Don't bother, Suri has beat you to it" Xio said as she wiped her tears. "I guess she learned it from you" she said as I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and then embraced us all.

It was such a beautiful moment until a certain beta decided to interrupt and ruin it.

"uhh Alpha Akiel?" He slowly turned around to face Niko, "if you don't mind, I'd like to introduce myself as Xiomara's mate, Niko Popescu, at your service. " He stood straight and serious.

Oh how i wanted to murder him.

Alpha seemed to take it lightly. He strode to him and shook his hand firmly. "Niko make sure to take care of her, if not... I think you know the drill" said the Alpha as he squeezed his hand firmly and looked back to me where I gave Niko my slyest smile possible.

He looked at me and visibly gulped.

"We'll stay for the night as the long journey has tired us out but we'll leave tomorrow morning"

"Stay as long as you need to," Niko said " our Alpha will arrive soon. I'm sure that he will be delighted to meet you"

"I'll show you around while your rooms are being prepared. Follow me" Liam said as led the Alpha and Luna.

"Suri, come with us. Leave the mates to get to know each other" Alpha grinned

"But-"

"No buts. Come on then" he stretched out his hand.

I bowed my head and dragged my feet as I made my way to him. I looked back one last time and saw them smiling lovingly at each other.

At least she found happiness.

I hope I'll find it too.

Someday

-------------

Please don't forget to vote or comment! 💕💕💕