The reason I never showed him myself again, the hurt of what he did was much less compared to the pain of what my family had done to his family.
That family I have lived around, and seen their joy, seen their smiles, seen how they try to live unaffected, how they joke and how they shoulder each other.

The thought of their agony guilt me again. But now, who did what he did was there in the realm of punishment, or peace. Unsure I am.

I dialled the number that recently rang, Devakshaya. And without even completing a single ring, his voice sounded on the other end. "Mute!" he shouted, but his voice was relief.

And listening to his voice, I was just as happy. I sat more comfortably, hugging my legs close to my chest. My old habit. And spoke, "How is everyone?" I asked him and he didn't say anything before he spoke.
“How are you?"

"Don't ask me,"

"Everything is good. We bought our house back in Vandigana." He informed me. We?

"Does that mean, Divya and Maa are going to come here?" I asked him and he didn't reply. "If you want that, to come back to Daiwik. I don't think Maa will say no," He was joking, his tone suggested. But something serious is also there.

"How can you say that? The best part of being there was, being with my family. " I told him, hugging my legs closer.

"Then, why are you not coming back to your family, Mute?" He asked me. But I didn't say anything for a brief moment.

"Give the phone to Divya if you are around. I know she had been calling me," I said hanging his words in stiff air. And with little sound in the background. I heard Divya.

"Bhabhi! Oh, thank god! Are you okay? Is everything okay? Why were you not picking up calls? Do you know how worried I was?" She said and I chuckled at her worry.

"Don't laugh! You left without telling me you were going." She complained. No one knew when I went. I don't know how it went with them, what Daiwik told his family. 

"I am sorry," I admitted and she didn't say anything about it further. "When are you coming back."

I am going back.

I know I am going back.

"When your brother will come to take me."  My words were silent, even a surprise to me. I wasn't sure I was ready to see Daiwik. But I know, I don't see anything to live for if it is not with Daiwik.

And if I am ready to do so, he has to cross his demons because if he is held with what my blood had done to him? We will never truly be free.

"Well, he doesn't pick our call but if he does. I will shout to him and warn him to go to you immediately!" She said and I smiled.

"Okay, I will call you later," I said hung the call down, and slid to the top of the call log where the name Daiwik was written. He had called me, for more numbers than I know of times.

I skipped his name, went down towards Taara, and dialled her number, she picked up after three rings. "Oh, Zehra! Thank god! You are okay! I was so scared for you!" She said loudly. "I am okay, Taara. "

"Where are you?" She asked me, and I added, telling her I was fine. With few more pleasantry. I cut the call and dialled Sarisha. Who didn't pick up at first but her call came right after.

"Zehra! What the hell? You are alive and you didn't call me back." She said and I laughed at her a riposte.

"I am, somehow."

"Don't joke!"

And once again, I don't remember how long but we talked together, the conversation kept going on just the way it had flowed. Being there, I had gained friends. Those who cared about me too.