↳ 𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ・❥・: ̗̀➛

Start from the beginning

"Since we're close to Faraway, let's go to our secret hangout spot," he was telling her. "No one should be there, and we can see tons of stars there!"

He led her through the path to the area they both remembered off by heart. It was quiet, no one else around them. Maybe in one scenario, it would be creepy, but she trusted him.

When she couldn't sleep, she would come there late at night to get away from her alcoholic mother. The peacefulness of the area calmed her down, the lake bringing her the most. She hadn't ever been there at night with someone else before, but she wouldn't mind going there with Kel now.

They sat on the wooden dock and ate their ice creams. The lake formed small waves from the wind, giving quiet noises for them to relax to. It was such a difference from the loud music and all the people at the homecoming dance, but she didn't miss it. Aubrey sneaked a glance at Kel to see if he did, but his face was unreadable. Why did they leave when he could be having so much fun there?

"I'm glad you decided to go with me to the dance," she told him to think of something else, "even if we're not actually at the dance."

"I'm glad you asked me," he told her. "I was starting to think I would have to be the one to ask."

"Really?" A smile tainted her lips. "If I knew that, I'd've let you ask me."

She could hear the smile in his voice when he said, "Too late for that now."

Kel stayed silent for a second before asking, "Is this how you wanted your first homecoming after our friend group all made up to go?"

Aubrey shrugged. She didn't mind it at all, but she would if he didn't like it. "Remember how I used to dream of romantic scenarios when we were younger?"

"I remember. I used to tease you all the time because of it. You know, I thought you still did all that daydreaming stuff. Or maybe that's just Sunny."

She looked away, hoping it was dark enough for him to be unable to see her blush. She did still imagine romantic scenarios, but unlike in the past, these ones had a definite person in them. It would be too embarrassing to admit to that same person that she was imagining them going on dates.

She forced her voice to not give her away. "When I was younger, I used to imagine scenarios for homecoming. It wasn't something I imagined a lot compared to my other scenarios, but I still had some. Like, one of them was that I'd go to homecoming alone, and I would see my crush with their date. They'd find out their date was cheating on them—"

"Their date was what?"

"Cheating on them. They would find that out by seeing them kiss someone else, and they would be heartbroken. They'd be outside of the bathrooms, and I'd comfort them. Then, they'd kiss me, and we would have the best time at homecoming by ourselves."

"But what happened to your crush's ex-date?"

"I don't know. I just focused on myself and my crush."

"But you can't just end it there! What happens to the ex-date? Who were they kissing? What happens after homecoming?"

Aubrey smiled at Kel. He always said he wasn't a romance fan and wasn't interested in drama at all, but sometimes, he acted like one more than she did.

"I have tons of other scenarios too," she said. "But all I can say is that younger me would've never thought I'd ditch the dance in an hour. I also would've never thought I'd go with you."

She laughed at thinking what her younger self would say. She would be horrified at that alone, and probably even more when she found out she asked him.