𝟎𝟎. aren't you happy to see me?

❪  𝟎𝟎. aren't you happy to see me?  ❫
❝ 𝘤𝘰𝘮'𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯,𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘦? ❞

EMILIA HAD DONE it once again, even after swearing that she would never do it again. She was running late to the tryouts for the state team, the most important event of her life but to Emilia's defense she didn't hear her alarm go off even though she had her phone near her nightstand  with the ringer on. Which is why she's now rushing to finish eating her sandwich in the car listening to her Aunt Josie lecture her for the tenth time.

"Come on Aunt Josie, it wasn't even my fault" Emilia barely formed her words due to the food still in her mouth. "How was I supposed to know that my damn alarm wouldn't go off"

"Emmy, you put six alarms. How could you not have heard that?" her aunt scolded

"Uhh it was seven and you know I'm a heavy sleeper" the blonde girl responded back

Before her aunt could respond Emilia's phone started to vibrate and ring. The blonde girl stared down where her phone was charging and groaned with annoyance. It was her ex-boyfriend Milo calling her for what she felt was the hundredth time. After her birthday party where she had caught him kissing some girl at her birthday party, Emilia had been ignoring all his calls and messages on everything but Milo just couldn't seem to take a hint.

" I swear if that thing doesn't leave you alone I'm going to drown his ass next time I see him" Her aunt Josie had hated Milo the minute Emilia brought him over for the first time and her hatred had only grown since

" Thanks, but Poppy and Marlon have already called dibs on that" Emilia laughed at the memory of all the threats they had screamed at him during the party. "Speaking of which, looks like we're here 10 minutes early"

" Well don't keep them waiting, go on ahead and find them while I look for parking" With that Emilia hopped out of the car grabbed her surfboard, and started walking toward the beach to look for her group of chaotic best friends.

  ҉    ҉  

"I'm so nervous I'm gonna literally vomit" Emilia had never been so nervous as she did right now. Maybe it was the pressure of not making it on the team but she needed to control herself before she freaked herself out and messed up.

"Attention, Poppy Tetanui, Bodhi Mercer, and Emilia Ambrose. Your pizza is ready. I repeat, your pizza is ready. And, Marlon Sousa, could you please put on a shirt for once?" a voice oddly familiar spoke out the speaker said.

"Is that sum-" Before Emilia could finish her sentence the group shrieked at the sight of Summer Torres, another one of Emilia's best friends who had left to go back home to New York. Emilia couldn't contain her happiness anymore

"How could you not tell us that you were coming back?"

"You know you love my surprises Emmy" Summer smirked

"Speaking of surprises, here comes a big one right now" Emilia mentally groaned when she saw Summer with a huge smile across her face running towards Ari but was stunned when Wren went up to Ari and kissed him right in front of her face.

"Five bucks, Ari didn't tell Summer about Wren," the blonde girl said, turning her head to face Marlon who grinned in response.

"You're so on"

After Wren and Ari left, the group was left catching up with Summer on everything that has happened since she left except telling her about how Milo had cheated on Emilia. The blonde girl would tell Summer eventually but she didn't feel like talking with her about it before competing.

It was worse enough that her ex was even trying out for the competition group even though he had never shown interest in it. Even after everything he had put Emilia through he couldn't just let the blonde girl have this one moment to herself.

"Heat 1 competitors, please head to the pool" Emilia started to feel her stomach twist with nerves.

"Yo, don't overthink it" Marlon reassured "If anyone has a chance of making the state competition group it's you emmy"

"Thanks, Mars" Emilia smiled back before waving a muttered goodbye to everyone before making her way towards the pool with her light pink-covered and white flower patterned surfboard in her right arm.

"Yo!" a voice called out from behind her. Emilia stayed still for a while, debating whether to turn or not. Finally a minute later the blonde haired girl groaned with annoyance before turning around.

"Com'on aren't you happy to see me again, blondie?" definitely not Milo said, noticing the shock plastered across Emilia's face. She couldn't believe her luck.

Not only was her ex-boyfriend trying out but Baxter Radic, the guy she had slept with three weeks ago at her birthday party an hour after found her boyfriend at the time kissing some girl and hadn't told a soul was standing right in front of her. Could her luck get any worse?

lanie's note!
tbh idk how to feel about the
first chapter but they finally
saw each other again!! I might
do a flashback of the party but
I'm not sure yet. also to vote and
comment!!