Fool Proof Plan- Chapter 12

"Hey Maxine! I haven't seen you in a while." Sky said with a giddy smile.

"Same goes for you."

"Sooooo what brings you here? I'm assuming it's not a coincidence."

Max chucked. "Yeah so you won't belive this lucas came up with a whole story about what happened last year! With monsters and a girl who apparently has super pow--"

Sky cut her off, afraid of the government somehow listening. "Shhh! Max that's not something you can go telling everyone. You could get people killed." She said in a very serious tone.

Max scoffed. "C'mon you too! I thought you at least would tell me the truth."

"I will I promise." She got closer to Max and began to whisper. "And I'll prove it to you, just help us finish this first."

The redhead looked at her friend still not fully believing her. "I guess let's get this over with."

"That's the spirit!" She put her arm around Max. "C'mon I'll show you what to do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun started to set and we put the last finishing touches. One by one the crew walk into the bus Dustin closing the door behind him. As the time went on, it was Skylers turn to be lookout. She climbed the ladder a spoke to Lucas.

"Hey, it's my turn for look out go take a break." She said patting his back.

Lucas stretched and smiled, giving the binoculars to Sky. "Finally! My back was killing me."

They tagged out and Lucas headed inside the bus leaving the girl alone. She thought to herself that now was the perfect time try out her new powers. If Skyler was gonna be any use with Vecna in the future, she had to master her powers fast.

Just as she was about to start her training, her favorite red head climbed up the ladder.

"Hey nosebleed." She sounded a bit down.

"What's up." She quickly said, noticing Max's frown. "Are you okay?"

She sighed sitting down next to Sky. "I dunno..."

"Talk to me."

She looked down towards the bus. "I just-- do you think they'll really accept me into the group. Mike's been an asshole ever since I've met him and now...Dustin is--"

"Hey." Sky put her hand on Max's. "They'll let you in, I promise." She gave her a confident smile. "And if they don't they're idiots-- I mean who wouldn't let someone as cool, smart, and beautiful in?"

Sky widened her eyes realizing what she said. "Uh- I-I mean- your like the best at dig dug so--"

She was cut off by a hug from Max. "Thank you."

"Y-yeah anytime..."

After a while the two went into a comfortable silence. When Max suddenly spoke up.

"Hey- Didn't you say you were gonna prove to me a certain something?" She said raising her eyebrow.

"Oh yeah! So--"

At that moment Skyler began to hear growling noises coming from the forest, grabbing her attention.

"Hold on Max." She put on the binoculars seeing a mini Demogorgon. "Shit."

"Skyler what's going on!" Dustin said from inside the bus.

"Ten o'clock! There's one!"

Max grabbed the binoculars from Sky trying to locate the monster. "You sure it's not a dog?"

"I assure you that it's not Maxine."

Then, the bus door opened catching the girls attention. It was Steve. The idiot was acting as bait to draw out the Demogorgon.

"Fuck." Sky silently said. She looked over to Max. "You want me to prove it to you- I'll prove it to you." Skyler jumped from the roof of the bus startling Steve and Max.

"Sky- hold on!" Max said but it was too late, she had already committed to the jump.

Sky landed firmly on the ground, and popping her knuckles.

"Skyler what the hell!" Steve shouted.

"Watch my back." She smirked walking towards the monster.

"What no!- you better come ba--"

Just then, skyler raised her hands up and taking a deep breath. Safe to say absolutely everyone was extremely confused.

There was a spark.

Then a flash.

Flame was roaring form Skylers hands. Scaring the monster away. However, it was her first time using her power at such a large scale; she became very dizzy very fast. Blood was dripping down her nose.

Everyone was frozen seeing the sight infront of them. Even so, Steve snapped out of it as there was a Demogorgon gaining fast on his sister. He quickly hit the beast with his bat, and took his sister's arm making her stop using her powers.

"Sky what the hell was that!!" He said dragging the girl to the bus as more and more monsters started to surround them.

"I.....explain....later." She said minutes from passing out. "I probably....shouldn't have...gone all out...like that."

Bearly managing to get to the bus safely, Steve carefully laid Sky down on a near by couch. The gang quickly crowding her.

"What happened!" Lucas started.

"You have superpowers!!" Dustin said excitedly.

"Are you okay." Max said sitting next to her best friend trying to wipe off the blood from her nose.

All Skyler could do was chuckle and give a thumbs up.

"Guys- that isn't important right now--" Steve said getting cut off by the monsters crawling on top of the bus.

Max looked up and saw one of them trying to get in through the hole on top, screaming extremely loud.

"Out of the way! Out of the way! Both Skyler and Max moved getting behind Steve. "You want some? Come get this!" Steve jabbed his bat through the hole trying to scare off the creature.

As if by a miracle all of the Demogorgons ran off. Leaving everyone in shock. However, Skyler was the only one somewhat calm as she was holding hands with her favorite red head.

The two girls smiled at eachother, still not letting go. This was not unnoticed by the boys who seemed to get more jealous by the second.

Steve slowly walked out of the bus looking around, seeing that in fact all of the beasts have actually left.

"What happened?" Lucas said as the kids all started to exit the bus.

"I dunno" Max added.

"Steve scared them off?" Dustin suggested.

"No way. They would of gotten scared off when I did the--" Sky cut her self off stumbling onto the floor.

"Sky!"

Steve walked up to his little sister. "Are you okay?" He helped her get up.

"Y-yeah I think-- I'm just extremely dizzy...probably from all the blood loss." She joked.

"This isn't a time to be joking!" Max said worriedly. "You could have died."

Sky sighed. "Yeah I know-- I'm sorry-- I just can't loose another person--" She quickly looked up seeing the shocked and confused faces of the bunch.

"What do you mean by--"

"Forget it." Skyler took a deep breath. "Let's just focus on getting out of here."

"Fine." Lucas sighed.

"Okay but as soon as we get to safety, your gonna tell about these powers you've been hiding from us." Dustin said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yeah yeah whatever." She looked over to Max and winked. "I told you I could prove it."

"Congratulations, nosebleed." She said sarcastically. "C'mon let me help you walk."