The narrator concluded his introductions, encouraging bets as women dressed in leather skirts moved through the crowd, open purses ready to collect spectators' money. One of these women passed right in front of Yuta, the half-open bag revealing a startling quantity of banknotes.

Meanwhile, inside the cage, Asuka, as she prepared her duel disk, was overcome by a strange sensation. The explosive sounds of the nightclub faded into the background until they vanished completely. She turned her attention to the narrator with the scorpion tattoo, who stood frozen in time, just like the rest of the club.

_ I know you have a proposal for me.

Erebus's chilling voice sliced through the silence. Asuka kept her gaze forward, her brother's possessed body still adorned with that malevolent grin.

_ Say it.

Overwhelmed by an eerie cold sensation, Asuka placed her hand on her chest, right where the pendant rested beneath her blouse. It burned like a scorching pan.

_ I challenge you to a Shadow Duel.

_ Your terms?

_ If you defeat me, I will give you the Winged Dragon of Ra. If I defeat you, you return my brother's body.

Erebus smiled as time gradually resumed its flow.

_ Challenge accepted.

The narrator finished collecting the bags of money, his excitement evident at the substantial amount they had amassed.

_ Excellent! Now, the Duel House presents you: Ice Emperor versus Ice Princess! Duel!

Ice Emperor 8000 Ice Princess 8000

_ According to the rules, our champion, the great Ice Emperor, begins the duel!

The vast crowd of the club chant Fubuki's alias, without knowing that his body was viled by the evil spirit of Erebus. Just by looking at his malevolant and twisted smirk, Yuta feels shivers down his spine. He can only imagine what Asuka was enduring inside that cage.

With a theatrical flourish, Erebus initiated his opening move.

_ I'll start with this, from my hand: Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier, in attack position!

Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier 1700 ATK 900

Like that memorable night in the forest, Asuka feels the uncanny atmosphere of the Shadow Duel

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Like that memorable night in the forest, Asuka feels the uncanny atmosphere of the Shadow Duel. Even though they were not inside the Shadow Realm, she could tell that the monster that just materialized in front of her was no mere hologram. It had a presence of its own - and it was corrupted by Erebus just like her brother's body.

_ Now, using Double Summon, I can also bring to my field this Tuner Monster!

Double Summon

Defender of the Ice Barrier 300 ATK 1600 DEF