_ Tell me. Does it have something to do with your brother?

Asuka's eyes water. The girl tells Yuta the whole story of the August 4th, 2017. The day her father kicked her brother out of the house. Yuta just listened, unable to say a word. After Asuka concludes her story with a lone tear running down her cheek, a few seconds of silence play out until Yuta finally finds some words to say.

_ So, your brother got involved with the mafia?

_ Do you remember the "No Luck Guy" meme?

Yuta chuckles.

_ Yeah. The guy who lost at his debut because he didn't draw any good card, wh- Oh... Was that...?

_ Yes, that was Fubuki. I know it's stupid but, because of that, Fubuki's career ended before it even started. All sponsors left him. No pro leagues wanted him. His only resource left was Underground Dueling. That's how he met the mafia.

Yuta takes a few steps and sits on the floor of the small room, right next to the chair where Asuka is. He rests his hands on his knees and leans his head against the wall, staring at the fan that rotates slowly under the leaky ceiling.

_ That sucks. Really.

_ Yeah.

Yuta's gaze drops to Asuka's trembling hands. Beneath her delicately manicured nails, Yuta's pendant is curled. At its tip, the Winged Dragon of Ra swings in the air.

_ And why did you bring that with you?

Asuka's hands clenched tightly, gripping the string holding the Egyptian God card. Her sad and reflective expression gives way to a determined face slightly filled with anger. She tells Yuta about Erebus, the supposed spirit that now possesses Fubuki's body.

_ So, your plan is to give him the card? That's it?

_ Of course not. I'll do the same as you. I'll defeat him in a Shadow Duel and get my brother's body back.

Yuta stands up in a sudden. His look of disbelief is a clear sign that what Asuka just told him is complete insanity.

_ Hey, do you have any idea of what you're talking about? Shadow Duels are not exactly a fun ride in a roller coaster, remember?

Asuka also stands up. She looks Yuta right in the eyes, her resolve remaining unshakable on her expression.

_ Princess, it's your turn. Go to the main cage. The Ice Emperor is waiting.

The big man who was guarding the entrance to the corridor opens the door to the small room and, soon after, is out of sight. The couple is alone once again and Asuka now smiles at Yuta. She leans over gently and gives him a sweet kiss on the cheek.

_ Trust me, Yuta. Please. The same way I trusted you that night.

Even with his head screaming a thousand reasons to take Asuka away from there by force, Yuta decides to trust her words. He nods before the girl leaves him completely alone under the shadow of the slowly rotating fan.

...

The narrator with the scorpion tattoo burst forth with enthusiasm, his voice booming through the nightclub as he announced the upcoming duel. The crowd roared in anticipation, wondering if the Ice Emperor would finally meet his match in the Ice Princess.

Yuta, pushing his way through the densely packed crowd, was determined to get as close to the cage as possible to see Asuka up close.

The moment arrived. Asuka entered the cage, her steps a tad hesitant but met with a thunderous applause from the club's spectators. On the opposite side of the arena stood Fubuki, or Erebus, his malevolent grin behind the sinister mask.