Well, I didn't know I was coming either. I wanted to say something but decided not to. "I just got here." I yell over the music.

Jayln looked nice. Her blond hair was down, and she was wearing a small dress and the same old shoes that she was wearing earlier.

I could see the small hint of makeup, which only made me feel more insecure than I already was.

"Here, let's get you a drink." She grabs my wrist, pulling me behind her as she heads in the direction of the kitchen.

I watched as she poured a pink liquid into a red solo cup before handing it to me. My eyes go from here to the cup. "I didn't drug you; don't worry." She laughs.

When she looked around, I took my chance and quickly dumped the cup into the drain. When she looked back in my direction, I acted as if I had just downed the liquid.

Jayln's eyes went wide. "Slow down." I tried my best to act as if I had just drunk it. Jayln took the cup from my hands and put it on the counter.

"Girl, I don't need you getting drunk already." She laughs. She grabs my shoulder, giving them a shake.

"Loosen up a little. Have some fun." She is right. I should loosen up a little and forget about June and River.

But the thought of getting drunk with a girl I don't know doesn't sit right with me. I let my eyes wonder until I spot a familiar redhead.

Parties were always June's thing. So I wasn't surprised to see her here. I missed her. She has been my best friend since the 4th grade.

How could I not miss her?

I let out a breath and tried to ignore the pain in my chest at the thought of losing my best friend.

I jerk slightly when I feel a tap on my shoulder. My eyes widen slightly when I turn to see who just touched me.

I stared up into the brightest blue eyes I think I had ever seen. "Ella right?" The brunette boy said it with a smile.

He was beautiful.

His dark hair was curly, and he had a small gap between his front teeth. His jaw was shaper and his lips were full, but the top was a bit bigger than the bottom.

"You're in my third period." How come I never noticed him before? "I sit behind you." He continued.

I felt bad for not recognizing him. By the look on my face, he knew that I didn't know him.

My eyes dart around the room quickly when I feel eyes burning into my skin. My eyes stopped when they met a familiar, dark pair.

Rivers' jaw was clenched tightly. I noticed a girl looking up at him as she was talking. River was against a wall as he stared at me, but it felt like he was staring through me instead of at me.

"No worries." He said it with a smile. "I feel so bad." I said with an awkward laugh. He shook his head at me. "I promise no hard feelings, but..." He drags it out.

I watch him as he steps back, holding out his hand. "A dance might just fix my broken heart." He says in a playful tone.

I bite the inside of my cheek. I should probably go home but one dance wouldn't hurt right? "Fine." I smile, taking his hand.

I let him guide us onto the dance floor. We both laugh as he spins us, almost knocking over a drunk couple that was sucking each other's faces.

When the song begins to fade, he slowly stops us. He gives me a bright smile as we try to catch our breath.