10.-campfire

Camp

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

The fire was not high, but high enough to keep the camp warm. Usually, location fires with others were not for Nova. She would like to go straight to the new guy, as to the Asian, for that they left Merle on this roof. But instead she sat here, with her body leaning against Zade and her daughter with her head on her lap. A gesture that meant a lot to Nova. She looked at the Sheriff briefly, rather she looked at Kaia.  The young woman was injured and a bandage adorned her arm. Nova didn’t know what exactly she had and as long as it wasn’t Merle, Daryl, Zade or Indira, she didn’t care what happened to Kaia.
She knew Daryl would freak out if he found out that Merle was chained to that roof and it was Rick Grimes' fault.
She literally bombarded him with murder looks, which of course did not escape him. Again and again he looked at the Dixon, sat down to speak, but then let it stay.
Ginny was the one who kept her children with her and Nova repeatedly asked the sheriff not to look like that. However, she spoke completely against the wall.

,,Disoriented." Rick spoke to the questions about how he had felt when he woke up. ,, I guess that comes closest. " he said. Nova stroked her daughter’s curly hair while Zade put his arm around Nova. ,,Disoriented, fear, confusion, all those things, but..Disoriented comes closest." This man repeated himself. Nova was annoyed and wanted to bring Indira to bed and then go to sleep. But Zade wanted her to stay. She was just here for him.  It thundered and thundered, which is why Nova only wanted more back into the tent. Indira had a weak immune system and Nova didn’t want her to get sick.

,,Words can be meagre things. Sometimes they fall short. " Spoke Dale, an elderly man with the camper.
,,It felt like i'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. For a while i thought i was trapped in some coma dream, something i might not wake up from, ever. " He told in a sad way. Nova wanted to say something, but Zade put his hand on her thigh, so Nova decided not to.  She was just mad at Rick for chaining Merle.
,,Mom said you died. " The boy suddenly spoke to Rick, so he looked down at his son and Lori tensed enormously. Probably because she was afraid he could find out that Shane and they had something together all the time.

,,She had every reason to believe that. Don’t you ever doubt it. " he said. ,,When things started to get really Bad, they told me at the hospital, that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta and it never happened."
Nova looked at Shane and watched as he tried not to look at Lori. Kaia bit her lips and lowered her head as if she had a premonition of all this.  ,,I'm not suprised after Atlanta fell.
And from the look of that hospital, it got overrun. " Nova looked down at Indira. She had closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the fire and the touch of her mother, whom she had missed so much.

,,Yeah, looks don’t deceive. I barely got them out you know? " Said Shane to his best friend. Nova looked at Rick and saw something in his eyes. He had a premonition but he tried to suppress it compulsively. ,,I can’t tell you how grateful i am to you, shane. I can’t begin to express it." Nova leaned over to Zade’s ear, who bent down a little to hear what his wife wanted to say to him.
,,Looks like this could be interesting." She whispered to him, so Zade sighed and put his lips to her ear. ,,Stop enjoying the pain of others just because you’re mad at Rick.  That’s not you, Nova." Nova sighed and rolled her eyes.
She was pissed. very sour.