Prolog

Camp

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

Normally you didn’t worry about others when you have your family with you. The outbreak of the disease had changed many things, torn the inhabitants from their homes and driven them out of the city.

It was nothing new for Nova. She hated the city and was outside of it most of the time anyway. Her heart was cold and her soul was black when she tried to get back to the city like a madwoman to free her daughter from it. Her brothers, Daryl and Merle Dixon, had their hands full convincing her that Zade had brought the little one out in time and it would be suicide to go in there.

The undead had taken over Atlanta and eaten as many as they could. When Nova was first attacked, she was on the hunt and had hunted the ferte of an animal. At first she thought the woman was hurt, but then she attacked her and no matter what Nova did, she didn’t get through to her. On closer inspection she had discovered that this woman had already been dead. She had been overwhelmed by what she had seen and told her brothers, who laughed at her drunk and completely stoned.  Until they came across it.

There was a discussion in which Merle and Daryl naturally brawled again and thus attracted many others. In fact, the Dixon had only figured out how to kill them when Nova stabbed one of them in the head and then he fell lifeless to the ground. The First Human reaction to killing someone was the fuzzy feeling in the stomach that spread and turns into terrible cramps. The youngest of the Dixon had immediately vomited and had to undergo a panic attack. Merle showed no sympathy for his sister, while Daryl tried to calm her down as best he could. To be honest, it wasn’t easy. Especially not when she realized what happened and that her daughter is in danger. Since then, Nova has tried to call Zade or his brother day after day, but no news came from either.

The Dixon struggled, but Nova refused to go further away from Atlanta than was necessary. She roamed the forest, her hair hung greasy on her face, her body was covered with dirt and scratches from the thorns and branches in the forest. If you didn’t look closer, you could actually think she was one of the dead.
Nova wore a brown shirt, which now has some holes and a leather jacket, which she has had for ages. Her black tight jeans accentuated her beautiful figure and sat close to her skin. With the sneakers she was carrying, she moved almost silently in the forest. In her hand lay an axe, which she learned to swing.

With her left hand she drew branches aside and moved very carefully forward. She was high up in the mountains, which means the dead aren’t supposed to be here, the ones they don’t get that far up. Not while they’re still eating in town.
Nevertheless, she was careful, there were other survivors and fugitives who were not quite so nice.
At least not the ones they’ve met so far.

The young pretty woman moved along a tree and wanted to take another step as she felt wire on her shin. Immediately she stopped and turned her eyes to the ground. One of her brown eyebrows she raised and threw her head in all directions to make sure she was alone. Daryl and Merle just got stoned and probably didn’t even notice she left. Nevertheless, she had to be careful.