Chapter 18~

Sunday is here and I'm getting ready to go to the "football thing" as Uche described it. She's still in a rocky road with Don right now but she insisted she wanted to go and here I am. I just hope she can use this opportunity to talk to Don and they can figure out all this.

           I kept my outfit simple today, Jorts, a thrifted y2k top, and my platform slides. I grabbed my tote bag, which of course has everything I need in it. Since Yomi is also going, my mom decided to drop us off at the field. As we drove there, my mind couldn't help but drift to JJ, I haven't really spoken to him much for almost a week now and it's making me feel somehow plus the fact that we need to finish our project asap. Let's see what today brings though.

         When we got there, there was quite the crowd but I guess that's to be expected. I texted my friends to let them know I was there and as I was looking around, I was Mark so I decided to go over and say hi to him.

         "Markkkk, heyyy", I said. "Heyyy, fancy seeing you here", he said. "Please I'm only here for emotional support and to see hot guys", I said. "Hot guys? What about...", he trailed off and his eyes started following someone. "Not you too..?", I said and followed his gaze and speak of the devil, there he was walking with Serena and they seem to be cracking jokes with each other. Looks like I'll be the one needing the emotional support today. "That's interesting", I said. "Very, are you ok", he asked. "Oh please, of course. I'm gonna go find good seats for my friends and I", I said. "Ok, I'll take your word for it then", he said.

           "Toni!!", I heard JJ call. Oh hell. I turned around and plastered a small smile on my face. "JJ! Hi, it feels like forever", I said. "Yeah I've been busy", he said. "Well please don't forget about our project cause it's definitely due soon and I'm really not tryna get a bad grade", I said in a light tone. "Don't worry, just trust your guy but anyways this is Serena, my long time friend", he said. "Best of friends since childhood", she corrected. "Yes childhood Nana", he said, jokingly rolling his eyes. "Oh wow! Nicknames", I thought to myself. "Yes, we met in the cafeteria earlier this week and i heard she's heard a lot about me, were you talking about me", I said to JJ. "Of course not Toni my partner, only that you love fried yam", he said. "Ok o best in gossiping", I said, now smiling unconsciously. "Well I'll see you later. My friends are here", i said.

             I spotted Ini and Uche already sitting down so I went to join them since I couldn't even save them seats anymore. "Well that didn't feel as awkward as i thought it would be", Uche said. "You're all the way here, how do you know if it was awkward or not", I said. "Her special senses were tingling nau", Ini said. "Both of you are not serious", I said. "But you know what's serious, your smile. I couldn't fully see but I just knew you were geeking", Uche said. "In front of your new competitor too", Ini said. "Competitor, is this the dating Olympics???", I said. "Might as well be with the way she was staring", Uche said. "I didn't even notice", i said. "Yeah cause your man was in front of you", Ini whispered. "Please hush I don't want any wahaluuuurrrrddddd", I said and we burst out laughing.

The game is going well so far but the intensity kept increasing and there's been a few shoves here and there and not gonna lie, I'm just hoping a fight doesn't break or something. "Please why are they taking this so seriously, I thought it was for fun", Ini said. "I think it's because some players are from Imperial High and I heard they like to taunt", Uche said. "Please isn't that the school that Luke guy goes to?", I said. "Oh that's true..", Ini said. "Looks like both him and Mark are on the field", Uche said. "Oh hell no", I said. "Let's just hope nothing happens", Ini said.

            Something ended up happening and now we're helping Mark and Don ice their wounds.  Long story short, Luke picked a fight by purposely kicking Don in the ribs and of course got his ass beat for that by Mark but Luke also got his punches in.