2. The Girl In The Shadows

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for all these kind compliments sweetheart, but i still didnt catch the reason we are here"

"You want us somewhere else?" she smirked and i chuckled.

"You know i'm not famous about my patience so you have to start talking because i'm running out of it" i said and she smirked.

"Relax Kol, i know you lost your girlfriend recently but you dont have to be so aggressive" she snapped and leaned in, "Even though i really love that attitude of yours"

"You know a lot about me darling and i dont know anything about you" i smirked and she smiled.

"Your right. I wanted to talk to you about something important"

"I'm all ears" i said and poured my glass with whiskey.

Davina's Pov:

I was driving for hours and without realising, outside the sun went down.

I arrived at a big city but i didnt know really where i was, because......i was really, really lost!
I parked my car and took a big breath, stretching my whole body. Okay, i needed to get some instructions to continue driving. Plus it was a good oppurtunity to wander around the city. And get something to drink. Not blood of course. Even though, i was really really hungry.

The night life at this city must be amazing. Everyone is laughing and going to clubs or to lounges. The lights, the people, the shops, everything was beautiful. And then i realised i had to enjoy this! I mean, thats why i did this trip right?

Road trip... My mind ran again at Kol. Why, why it must be like that? He always had a way to cheer me up in our road trips, or even tease me. But now, i realised how much i loved his teasing thing. His unique smirk.

I blinked my eyes and turned around. I pushed that thought in the back of my mind and continued walking. Dont be dramatic Davina! You must have fun! Thats what he would want!

Being around humans wasn't easy. I still couldn't control my hunger and when I was near them, all I was thinking was their blood. I tried to distract myself from it but it was really hard for me to do.

I took a big breath and walked down the street. Even though as I was walking, I saw a little girl, about five years old, sitting on the ground in a dark alley and sobbing.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked as I stood in front of it.

What was a child doing alone in a dark alley in that big city?

"I'm lost and... And... " cried louder the kid and stood up showing me its bloody arm.

Oh god no... No no no no.... The blood was all over the girl's arm and more was coming from the wound. How did she get a wound like that? It could be infected! But the worst problem right now was that I couldn't stop staring at the blood.

"Oh no... H-how did y-you get that?" I asked terrified and stepped behind, 'cause I didn't want to hurt the kid.

But someone had already done that. Because that wound, was caused by a vampire. How could someone attack to a little child?

"I don't remember! Please, help me!" she cried and suddently hugged me tightly.

"No! No no the blood... " I yelled and looked at her arm.

The girl stepped behind with a worried look and wiped her tears.

"You are afraid of blood?I-it's okay I was too" she muttered and tried to smile.

The little girl wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. Her blood was all over my jeans and...

My fangs! God no, my fangs! I felt them growing and I couldn't stop it! I pushed lightly the girl away and leaned on the wall, hiding my face.

I'm a monster!

Kol's Pov:

"Stop lying darling before you piss me off" I threatened and the girl sighed in frustration.

"Kol Davina is not dead! I can sense---"

"Sense? Sense what exactly? And why you know so many things about her?"

"Because I was causing her headaches" she replied and I looked at her with widen eyes.

I gripped her wrists tightly and she groaned.

"Look, how ever-you-call-yourself, I'm done listening every crap that comes from your mouth and if you dare to search more things about Davina Claire, I will find you and rip your head off." I chuckled and stood up.

I didn't wait for an answer. I rushed out of the bar furious because I couldn't keep listening what every crazy human had to say. Davina is dead, I saw it with my own eyes. And no one could tell me something different.

I was walking down a street, when I suddenly heard a scream; a scream of a child. I looked around confused trying to locate the source of the scream. A second one was heard and I could understand where it was coming from. I continued walking, heading to the dark alley where the sound was coming from.

Sobs. Sobs. Sobs. Scream. Sobs.

I don't understand why the child was acting like that, till I saw it sitting at the corner terrified.

"What happened?" I asked and looked at its face. A little girl.

The little girl was bleeding really bad and she wouldn't stop crying. I looked around confused and it seems I was the only one who heard her.

"Her t-teeth.... What.... Is she?" she muttered and I narrowed my eyes.

"Who?" I asked and the little girl hesitantly pointed at the corner of the deepest part of the alley. I saw a shadow sitting there and as I realized, that person was a vampire.

I walked a few steps towards the shadow, trying to see the person's face.

"Who are you?" I asked and she, as the girl said, started shaking.

But then she stood up fast and tried to flee with her vampire speed. Even though I was faster than her, so it was really easy for me to catch her. Quickly, before I block her way, she returned back to the shadows, hiding herself again.

"Stay the hell away from me!" she yelled and I found something familiar in her voice. "I don't want to hurt you"

"Hurt me? I'm just like you. Stop hiding and show yourself" I said and I saw her shaking her head.

"No no... Please, help the girl. I...still can't control it... I'm sorry... I...hurt her.. " she said in a low voice but I was able to hear her.

She was a new vampire, although I'm pretty sure I have met that girl before. I glanced at the little girl behind, who was still crying and her weak body was shaking in fear. I wasn't a charity or a rescue team to save the child, I just wanted to know who the hell was that mystery girl in the shadows.