Cautiously, a soft voice interrupted my reverie amidst the chilly surroundings. I turned, observing the approaching figure with a gentle, radiant aura. Slowly, I mustered a weary smile, drawing my knees closer.

"Savoring the sunset," I replied, and she settled into the seat beside me.

"Please don't sit on the cold marble; it might affect your bones," I cautioned her. She wrinkled her nose, then gracefully moved to the couch.

"Come closer, I'll tie up your hair," she offered. I unconsciously ran my fingers through my unruly hair, stray strands escaping from the loose braid. I obliged, shifting closer to her. Her warm, loving eyes never left me as she worked on my hair.

"Were you dancing?" she inquired.

I was because dancing always gives me a moment to be in peace, a moment to keep those thoughts which has been troubling me since days.

Leaning back against her, I replied, "Yes, but how did you know?"

Her fingers worked wonders on my tense scalp, easing away my concerns. "The sound of ghungroo resonated throughout the mansion."

"Was it that loud? I hope I didn't disturb anyone." I fretted, thinking of my conservative grand-in-laws, who, despite their modern outlook, clung to traditional beliefs.

"No, you didn't. We were all in the living room. Even Reyansh came early today. Those ghungroo sounds felt like soothing our worries" she assured me, her gaze drifting to the bells on the ottoman table.

Reyansh came early? It's so unusual of him to do so. Then a desire of meeting him overtook my mind. But I can't, I have to know about him and someone who's has birthed him and watch him grow up, can be the best informer.

"Everyone was there?" A deep blush painted my cheeks.

"Yes, everyone," she replied absentmindedly, continuing to braid my hair.

"Dadi and Dadu—" I hesitated, unsure of how to broach the topic. I swallowed my unease.

"Oh, don't worry about them. I know they are little backward in terms of thinking." She jest.

I turn to look towards her. She catches my eyes, and sighs,"Don't worry about them. I know they hold conservative beliefs," she reassured me, leaning in to whisper, "but they have evolved over time. You know, in the early days of our marriage, they didn't allow us to step out of our room without a pallu on our heads. But with time, they've adapted. We can't change beliefs ingrained since childhood; instead, we can introduce new perspectives to them. That's how we handle the older generation. Their mind has gripped the rope of their culture which makes them hard to let go, as they don't know what will be their stability if they let go their beliefs."

Her wisdom struck a chord. I nodded in agreement, and she affectionately patted my head.

"Where's Reyansh, Maa?" I keep my head on her knees, while she continued to stroke my hair.

"When you stopped dancing, he went straight to his office" she replied, her tone distant.

"Did you two have a fight?" My finger tracing invisible patterns on the cold marble paused.

I squirmed, unsure of how to explain. Thankfully, she didn't press further, finding her answer in my silence. "Every marriage has its imperfections, Kiraz. Not every day is filled with love. When one falters, the other can step in and extend a hand. Being there for each other is crucial, whether in joy or during the darkest storms. Reyansh seemed worn out today, a sight I haven't seen since you returned."

Yesterday, after giving me two choices he didn't turn for the night, nor for the breakfast in the morning. I called him, but every time the call ended with no one receiving and a message dropping, each time.