Prologue

Nova "Midnight" Star

I held my two twin sisters while we were crowded in my room. My mom had me at 15 and now she is 30. Figure out that I am 16 years old.

A couple of months ago, exactly six, my egg donor as I sometimes call her, gave birth two twin girls. She sleep on day and they were crying, so I took care of them. She walked in saw me holding on of them and she gave me an evil smile. Ever since then, I was their mother.

I stayed up and 3 o'clock in the morning feeding, cleaning and changing them. I ended up taking their cribs from Goodwill and put them in my room. I thought she would've changed knowing she had baby twins girls but she didn't.

It got so tough for us.

By us, I meant me and my sisters. Not my egg donor.

Her drug habits ruined this family.

All I remember was that my father left when I was eight. He gave me his favorite chain and I haven't took it off since. After he left, she screamed at me saying it was my fault. It was my fault that I was born. It was my fault that he left. It was just my fault but I remembered it wasn't.

Flashback

"Hey daddy !" I shouted, running to him as he appeared at the door. He smiled at me and looked down at me. He left a couple of weeks and I haven't seen him since. He picked me up and hugged me.

"Hey pumpkin, so guess what ?" He asked me.

"What ?"

"We are going the Bahamas !" He shouted with excitement. I gasp and started screaming.

"Yay!" I shouted with excitement. I never liked Bronx and I was just too afraid of getting killed.

"Now go pack your bags with everything you got, alright ?"

"Ok daddy !" I said, kissing his cheek and running upstairs. I packed my Dora bag first, then I was packing up my Hello Kitty bag and I heard mommy and daddy screaming. I got on the floor and crawled to the banister, poking my head to look at the scene ahead of me.

My mother was screaming at him and he was yelling at her.

"YOU ARE NOT TAKING MY FUCKING DAUGHTER, MICHEAL !" She shouted, about to walk up the steps. My daddy pulled her hair back and she crashed down the steps.

"NOVA GET DOWN HERE NOW !"

I ran back to my room, acting like I didn't here anything and grabbed my bags. I tried to walk down with all of my bags but me being little, it didn't help.

"Daddy, is mommy coming too ?" I asked, as one of his friends in all black picked up my bags.

"NO !" He shouted, looking directly at my supposed to be mother.Her face was bleeding and she had developing bruises on her.

"But why can't mommy come ?" I whined, holding his big hand.

Macy Gray laughed from the ground and got up with blood dripping from her nose.

"Yeah, tell her Micheal why her mother can't come ?" She said, smirking at him.

My dad smirked back at her and turned to me.

"Your mother's a bitch and they don't allow dogs in the hotel."

Macy's face showed embarrassment as her smile faded and my dad pulled me outside.

"MICHEAL TAKE HER AND I WILL RAT YOU OUT !"

My father stopped and just turned around to her.

"Bitch you fucking wouldn't." He said, pushing his chest out.

I shook my head at all these bad words.

"Bet."

"Fine, let her choose." My dad said, letting my hand go. Macy walked to where my dad was standing.

"Nova, remember we will both still love you but you have to choose which one of us you wanna stay with." Macy said, with tears falling down her face.

"Man suck that shit up." My dad said, looking at her with disgust. She pulled her hands from her face to show her face. Dried blood was mixed with snot and the tears had mixed with the blood also. My mom was hurting too bad to leave her.

"Mommy."

The look on both of their faces show how dumbfounded they were. I was gonna pick my dad but mommy is hurt.

"Nova don't you wanna hang with daddy ?" My dad said, bending down making me look in his eyes.

"I do but mommy hurt and I wanna help." I said, with a small smile. He grew a smile and chuckled a little.

"And that's okay. Now give me a hug."

I jumped on him and he picked me up again. He kissed my ear and then put me down.

"Be a good girl, okay ?" He said, holding my hand. I nodded with a toothy smile.

"Macy, take care of her."

"I know." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Don't black out like last time, I'm not playing with you. Because if she is is hurt next time I see her, you are dying. Got it ?" He said, pushing a gun into her stomach. My eyes widened at the black pistol.

"O-okay."

My father smiled and waved to me one last time as he got in the car. His Mustang 1970 GT sped off without him looking back.

Flashback Over

After he left that day, I haven't seen him since. After three years past, my mother changed.She never cooked, she never cleaned and only cared about her and herself only. I had to take food from the dumpster to eat because when my child support came in or the welfare, she spent it on herself. She traded people food stamps for money, leaving me with nothing. I thought my life was over until on January 26, she gave birth to twin girls. For the first month, she was acting like a mother should. She helped me with my homework. She began to cook again. She even took care of the twins and got her a job.

Once she saw me taking care of the girls, she thought her job as a mother was finished. I got a fake I.D. to say I was eighteen so I could get the girls medicine and get a job.I worked at Hank's supermarket from 8 to 8. Luckily there was a 24 hour daycare down the street. Thank god for Ms. Faye because I don't know what I would've done without her.I took classes online for high school. I lied and faked a note saying that I had cancer and I couldn't attend school. I know it was a terrible lie but I had to do what I had to.

But my life wasn't as bad.

I took care of myself and the girls without her help. She wasn't even here most of the time. She was probably high or drunk in the middle of the street.I paid the bills, got the girls and myself doctor appointments, bought the girls anything they needed first before me.

She didn't need us.

We sure as hell don't need her.

-------------------------------------------

Please COMMENT and tell how this is....

-NikkiBrookes :)