Chapter 34

"EH- PINOCCHIO IS THAT YOU!?!!"

I scream out with a idiotic grin on my face, clutching my ribs because his presence took my breath away.

"Y/NNNN~!!", he whined loudly as his bottom lip began to quiver, you flinch because at the sudden change in expression, he went from charismatic hero to wailing child in seconds flat.

"That's Me", you smile softly, watching the tears stream down his face as he smiled, he looked insane but your eyes glossed over at his expression.

"Thank God you're okay y/-", Usopp was silenced by a kick to the head, the smile completely leaving your lips when you see her kick your crewmate so brutally.

Your eyes widen and your throat closes. your surroundings hitting reality back into you.

Anger seeped into your veins when you see him lying there at her feet, unconscious. Your jaw clenched as the light from your eyes sizzled out.

Your head got foggy, like the ability to make rational decisions completely left you in the moments after what you had witnessed. You kicked the henchman off and got up,

The burning sensation your body felt wasnt painful, it wasn't even uncomfortable.

The rage you felt caused your hands to twitch.

"You fucking bitch...", the corners of your mouth twitching as you grit your teeth.

You clench your ribcage and begin to move your legs, running up the stairs with no care for your injuries or how you were going to eliminate her, you just knew it was going to happen. the pain of moving was no longer there, the rage that engulfed your entire body made the blood inside you feel as if boiling up trying to escape your body.

It's your devil fruit.

It made your blood beg and plead with you.

It made the veins in your arms and neck pop out, you would feel your blood pulsate rapidly inside you.

you got closer as you turned the corner, she was now a few feet away, a demented smile made it's way onto your face when she whipped her face away to Usopp and to you

She was no longer out of your reach.

She no longer had anyone left to act as a wall between us.

Her eyes widened and washed over with terror, the ice in her eyes seemed to melt when she realized just how close her end was.

The insane grin on your face sent shivers down her spine, the colour drained from her already pale face and a sense dread fully enveloped her body.

"y-y/n.. I... I." she stammers, putting her hands up infront of her to show she isn't planning on doing anything, attempting to hide her fear behind a smile.

You glance down, your jaw clenching further to the point that you were sure your teeth would shatter from the pressure, seeing him like that, his face bruised and his left eye swollen shut left you seething.

You look up at the snake infront of you, her hands were shaking and so were yours. The difference was hers was from terror and yours was from unruly wrath.

The shaking was  your body telling you just how desperately you wanted to end her.

You take a step forward, Maribelle jumps back and balls her hand into a fist, her eyes widening further when she had realized that she went into a combat stance by reflex,"I- no... I-I don't mean any harm. I don't want to f.. Fight y/n", her tone was shaky and soft.

You scoff and tilt your head questioningly, "Mari.", her nickname felt like poison on your tongue, the tone of your voice caused her to flinch.

You start walking towards her now, each step you took caused her to step back as well