Chapter 31

Holy shit... I really fucked up this time.

The man pulls up his gun to shoot you down, as if it was a simple reflex to danger, you flip your wrist.

A knife slipping out from your sleeve and falling perfectly into your bloody hands.

In seconds flat, before he could comprehend it.

A knife sliced into his flesh, perfectly placed in between his eyes, you could see the moment the life left his eyes clearly, the only thing left behind even after death was the surprise and terror in his eyes as he dropped down to the ground.

The man's drop to the ground alerted the others, more than six men now had their heads turned to you.

Without a moment to waste, you pick up the child and run, gunshots following closely behind your steps.

You slid behind large piles of heavy, thick steel pipes, the bullets boucing off the steel with ear ringing noises.

You keep running desperately, the child's grasp on your blood stained shirt tightened as you held her and ran.

You ran and ran and ran, bumping into and dodging as much men as possible but the number of henchman following only increased over time.

You kept running even though your legs were shaking from exhaustion, your lungs threatening to give out aswell.

Your head was pounding and your heart beat so loud you could hear it in your throat. You'd be lying if you said the adrenaline was the only thing that kept you from giving up.

You glance to the child holding onto you so desperately.

I have... To protect her.

You look forward again and keep running, determination and adrenaline mixing with the blood coursing through your veins.

<>

Usopp was completely knocked out as Mari dragged him mercilessly by the hair across the rough and hard gravel.

Mari stopped and dropped his head onto the gravel before kicking him with a rib-breaking force to the chest, she gritted her teeth and let out glass shattering scream out of pure frustration.

"why the hell is he so fucking heavy!", she stared down at usopp with disgust and hatred before scuffing up her wavy lavender hair and picking him up by his hair again.

She continued to drag him heartlessly until she reached a dark alleyway, after looking around her suspiciously, she called out

"Hag. You can come out now~"

An old lady walks out from the dark alley, she was in black rags and her face was dirty.

Her eyes drooped down to show just how tired and terrified she was.

"I thought you weren't going to com-"

"Your job isn't to think you ugly witch.", she starts off and then glares down at her like she was the scum of the earth and then continues

"There's simply been a change of plans."

The old, frail woman flinches at Maribelles harsh tone and bows down as an apology.

Mari walks away from the old woman and stops at the house next to the alleyway the woman stood at, watching her.

Maribelle lifts her hand to the door, as if that was an indirect order the old woman presses down onto a certain brick in the alleyway.

The door opens with a loud creak, the sound of metal clicking together could be heard from a fair distance, Mari looks around one last time before tossing Usopp into the room and walking in, making sure to close the door behind her.