Chapter 16

Luffy's POV

I don't like it. How he was holding her.

I don't know why I feel so irritated.

"luffy, you okay?", y/n asks with a concerned tone. No. I'm not!

"I'm okay", I smile, did I just lie? I look down in surprise,"will you get off me already", zoro snaps at her, I walk as calmly as I would towards her.

Y/n POV

Luffy's steps were hard on the ships wooden floor, you were worried he'd put a hole in the sunny, an awkward smile occupied his lips, it was an unfimiliar expression.

"y/n-, Y-Y-Y-Y/N AND ZORO", luffy's footsteps come to a halt at the long noses shouting. "SO YOU DO LIKE ZORO", your eyes widen, shit. Shit. SHIT.

You snapped your head to zoro, his eyes widened like golf balls, he turned his head to you nervously, obviously uncomfortable, you shake your head profusely.

"SHE LIKES ME MORE."

A deep red covered your face when you recognized that it was his voice. Your heart sprung out of your chest.

You turn your head to him, your chest tightened when you saw the deep shade of red occupying his face, turning even redder in response.

w-whats with that reaction.

Zoro looks at you and luffy with a judgemental look,"can you get off now?", he says annoyed,"and usopp what shit are you spewing anyways? ", usopp hesitated when you gave him an icy warning glare.

You hear footsteps coming towards you again, luffy's footsteps to be exact.

You wanted to confirm if the red on his cheeks weren't your imagination so you turn your head slowly in his direction, your heart running miles around in your chest

It was gone, or it was never there, you think to yourself, an inkling of disappointment poking you in the gut.

What were you expecting... Luffy can't feel love like that, you remind yourself once again.

You realize you went too deep in thought when luffy's hand waved infront of you, you blink yourself out of the trance your thoughts plunged you into.

"gimme", luffy said through a pout, he couldn't hide the fact that he was annoyed, you smile at the cute pouty expression on his face, his hands are reached out towards you like a child begging for his favourite toy back.

Zoro not hesitating even a second before tossing you over into luffy's arms and walking away yawning like the cranky grandpa he is,"tsk rude", you flick your tongue at him.

"ahem", luffy clears his voice, his holding you just as zoro held you and yet here you are struggling to contain your demented thoughts.

His arm under your thighs, gripping them to stop you from falling and a hand laced around your waist.

He'd held you before but something about this moment made you realise how badly you longed for his touch.