Chapter 15 - Mistake.

It was another awkward silence, however the air was thick. None of us wanted to say anything.

"Why did you do that?" I ask, my voice not quivering once. "He was trying to kill you! A thank you would be nice." He says pointing at me. "Don't you dare! I didn't ask you to!" I yell back. "That's Spiderman's job! Helping without being asked. That's what I did, followed my instincts." He was now refusing to make eye contact with me. "My job is to look after myself!" Our voices were getting louder. I hope the doors are soundproof.

"I'm not your dad! I don't know what your job is!" He yells, bearing his teeth. I flinch back, putting my arms out in front of me. He notices and his gaze softens slightly. "I'm sorry. I'm not your dad... I'm not as kind as he was." He mumbled, now looking down.

"I'm not good enough to be like your father. I... you're a good person. A genuinely good spider. I've read your files, watched your missions. Trust me, you deserve better."

"Why can't you be better?"

"What?"

"If you like me so much, and think I deserve better, why can't you be that person?"

His expression was in a way that it looked as though his tongue was tied. He started uncomfortably into my sharp eyes. Was he feeling remorse? I couldn't tell.

"You're too good of a person..." he managed to croak out "too good to let you settle for me."

"This was a mistake."

I feel sick. A mistake. "Dad..."

He flinched at my words. A proper flinch, too. Noticeable. "I'm not your dad. Your dad is dead. I am not him." He explains, his voice harsh and steady. My heart silently broke, but I remained composure. Why was I so sad? I knew and accepted he wasn't my dad. I didn't even like him that much.

I didn't.

"I think I'm going to go home. You are right, this was a mistake. This is too difficult on the both of us" My voice was losing its strength, wavering. Dad 2.0 turned away. I bet if I wasn't Monarch, my legs would buckle. But it didn't matter. I felt weak. I felt small. Not like some massive world famous hero as I was known as back home.

"I'm leaving." I say, so quiet it could be a whisper.

Dad 2.0 turned back, about to protest.

But all that was left where I was standing was the wristband he gave me when I first arrived.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Short chapter today, because I was full of ideas from last chapter.

Anyway, YAY arguments.