Chapter 2 - A familiar stone face

As the warm heartbeat of the portal engulfed my body, I opened my eyes again to be met with a cold, grey room filled with wires and monitors. There were a lot of control panels. Funny that's what I notice first after walking through an ACTUAL portal.

As I'm taking it all in I notice the man talking to the small woman I now know to be called Lila. He was talking way too low for me to hear. "Who are you?" I ask. Lila gives him a look. "I am Spiderman."

"Spiderman? What kind of name is that?"

He turned to me and walked slowly in my direction, hands on his hips.

"You can call me Miguel O'Hara."

At that moment I almost threw up. This is some kind of sick joke. Who the hell would think it's funny to go by my father's name so... Calmly?!

"What the fuck? What is WRONG with you?!" I shout, stumbling back. His head cocks in confusion as he sees my posture. His mask then disappeared, unfolding around his face to reveal it. All air exited my lungs as I fall to the ground. I was looking at a ghost. Was I going mad?

He looked exactly like my Father, except larger built, older... More cold. He held a slightly confused yet stern expression on his face. He shook his head slightly and turned to his subdued prey once again. "Jess!" He shouts into his watch. Soon the doors to the room opened, and a dark skinned lady walked in. She was pregnant and wore orange tinted goggles. She was predominantly wearing red.

She looked over to me and then back to Miguel. "You do one mission on your own and you bring back a kid? Miguel, we do not have time for this!" She scolded. I noticed she was pregnant. Miguel huffs through his nose. "What's the matter? Seen a ghost?" He says sarcastically. I nod slowly, making his eyebrows raise slightly.

I was visibly trembling, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could see my heart through my suit. "Lila, what's wrong with her? She low on sugar or something?" Jess asks. "Maybe you should take her somewhere else, Jess. She seems a little shocked." Lila says calmly. Miguel nods at her and waves us away. "Take the anomaly with you." He added.

The lady rolled her eyes, throwing Doc Oc over her shoulder and grabbing me with her other hand. As we walked out the room, I could finally breathe again. Jess was saying something about a Society and multiversal whatnot, but I wasn't really listening. My head was fuzzy. It has been hardly 3 months since I lost my father.

Jess notices my posture again and stops walking. "Need to take your mask off? Take some deep breaths? Come on, let's not waste time." She says, pointing to my mask. "You can take it off here. We're not in your universe anymore." She says very nonchalantly. I slowly reach up to my mask and pull it off, letting my hair fall back to its natural position. Jess didn't seem to care about my face.

We walked past four OTHER spider people - yes, there's obviously loads in this universe - and Jess stopped to talk to the one wearing a white suit with blonde hair. She had blue eyes like the sea, and the side of her hair was shaved down. She was very pretty. She was with a boy with dark curls and deep chocolate eyes. He looked just as confused as I did. "Kid, go to the rooms. It should say which one is yours on your watch. I'll meet with you in a minute." I nod slowly and begin my walk down the many stairs. I saw many signs in many different languages and eventually saw one that would direct me to the "rooms"

I found my designated room and sat on the creaky bed. There was one other bed in here with me. I thought. I thought about what I saw, what I felt and how the hell it was possible at all. I still felt ill. I started theorising about who he might be. Jess mentioned that we weren't in my universe anymore, which is scary, but I have other things to worry about. Maybe this universes Miguel O'Hara isn't my dad, maybe he's got spider powers like me. He doesn't die. That erupts even more question into my mind when my watch started beeping very loudly, making me scream in shock.

"Stop what you're doing and STOP SPIDERMAN." It was Miguel's voice and a tiny projection of him coming from the device. I could hear confusion from outside my door. "Ay coño! Miles! Miles Morales! He's entering sector four!" I ignored the swear he just yelled and looked out my door. There was a hell of a situation happening out there.

After that kid I saw earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: thank you if you've made it to Chapter 2 😁