Chapter 7 - Talking

"Let me go. Let me go. Let me go. Let me go. Let me go. Let me go. Let me go. LET ME GOOOO!" I have been trying to annoy him for like 10 minutes, since he brought me back to the Spider Society. I could tell it was working because his face slowly got more and more tense. "I can see your wrinkles from here." I laugh, resting my forehead on the red forcefield. He let out a massive sigh and leaned further onto his desk.

"So why am I here?" I ask, giving him an annoyed look. He turns around and walks slowly towards me. "No need to throw him under the bus, but I think Miles is the one you're after. You sure are wasting a lot of time just sitting there." My arms are now on my hips. I was imitating him.

"I swear to god..." He whispers. He rests his hands on the forcefield, leaning, and now we are super close. I raise an eyebrow. "You brought me here, dude. This whole thing is on you!" I poke the forcefield where his nose was facing, making him turn his head in annoyance. "You're such a pain!" He yells, throwing one of his notebooks at the forcefield. "What did I do?!" I yell back.

"You're breaking everything!"
"From the looks of this room, you're breaking everything!"
He growls and throws another thing at the forcefield. I glitch again, for a short time this time. Miguel just looks down at me.

"Do you even know what's going on here?" He demands, his face just centimetres away from mine. "Absolutely zero idea." I say, giving a smile.

He then went off on an absolute tangent, ranting on and on and on about canon events and what they were. He also went on and on about how Miles is going to mess it up. He even had a projection prepared. I didn't speak once, just stood with my arms crossed, one eyebrow raised.

"What? What's with that FACE?!" He shouts. "So how many of mine have I had?" I ask. "Two." He responds. "Getting bit and losing your dad."

My heart twinged at the memory. "Did you watch it?" I asked. I had mixed emotions. On one hand, I am embarrassed with myself that I couldn't save him, so I hoped he wouldn't see it. On the other hand, a part of me hoped it would bring out a little bit of my dad, even if he's not technically my dad. Miguel nodded his head and looked away. His face loosened a little, became less tense.

"I'm sorry." He says, flatly. "It's fine." I say back. I still felt a pit in my stomach every time I saw his face, but it's slowly filling up. "Who have you lost?" I ask, trying to break through to him. I mean, if he is somewhat my dad, he has a heart in there somewhere. "Everyone. My daughter, wife, my whole universe." He made eye contact this time, looking into my eyes. Was he trying to catch a glimpse of something?

"Why are you keeping me here? I'm slowly disintegrating with no watch and I know for a fact Miles is taking precautions to stop his dad from dying." I look back into his eyes. His eyebrows were still furrowed, his forehead wrinkles and frown lines still showing prevalence. But his eyes burnt with a hint of something. I couldn't place it.

"I bet you miss your daughter."
"Well I bet you miss your dad."
"Of course."

The atmosphere was thick and awkward. I sigh.

"Did she look like me? Or did she have a different mum?" I ask, trying to disrupt the awkward silence. "Different mother." He replied. He didn't sound so grumpy this time either, more like he was thinking fondly back.

I sit down in my little forcefield chamber.
"The red is hurting my eyes."
"I can't change the colour."
"Why did you choose red though?" I bluntly say. Red is a great colour, but after a while it's very intense. "I don't have a Spiderman suit anymore." I remind him. "I can't go home and do Spiderman stuff without it." I smile.

"I'm not letting you out."
"WHY THOUGH" I complain loudly.

-

"Shit." Hobie cursed. "Miles, gimme the watch." Miles threw him the watch, no longer needing it seeing as he was now in his dimension. "Get your dad hidden and outta town. Do anything you can. Stay hidden, stay safe. Got me?" He asks as he puts on his watch. "I'll be back in a day tops."

He gives Miles one last cheeky smile before smacking his hand on the watch and saluting him goodbye.

"Don't go chasing trouble, my guy."

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: YAYY RESCUE MISSION 👏👏👏