Chapter 1 - The one and only?

Let's start this from the very beginning. I'm from the year 2023, I was bitten by a radioactive spider, and for like 5 months I've been the one and only Monarch! You know the rest.

I aced my end of year exams

I had a great time at my school ball

The Green Goblin... ruined it

I couldn't save my dad, Miguel.

So I try to save everyone else!

Because no matter how many hits I take, I always find a way to get back up.

Because there's only one Spiderwoman.

I am very protective of my mother now, I hardly leave the house except for when there's an attack and I never speak in my Monarch Suit in chronic fear someone will recognise my voice. I have pretty cool abilities overall that I'm endlessly grateful for but I sometimes wish they'd leave me alone for a bit. I'm too aware of everything. I can hear the wine bottle opening downstairs and I can hear the faint sniffles of my mum. I think she blames Monarch at times for my father's death. I sometimes blame her too.

It was a usual fight with Doc Oc, he was trying to rob Oscorp for supplies again, and I was pretty easily beating him. I took a really bad hit a couple days ago so I was sore, but it didn't hinder me too much. I was swinging inside the warehouse when a loud crash could be heard from behind some boxes.

I stuck Doc Oc to the wall, putting extra care into holding his mechanical arms down. I pointed at him, indicating him to "stay". He growled and continued to struggle. I walked over to the commotion behind the box. I expected another kid hiding so he could capture another video of me. I scoff and pull the boxes to the side. "What the...?" I whisper.

Another Doc Oc?! He wasn't exactly the same... He had longer, more scruffy hair and instead of 4 arms he had 6. His glasses were toxic green and he slowly stood up, keeping due contact with me. "You're not Peter..." He states bluntly. He then shouts and aims to lunge at me. I throw a web at him, but his jagged arms rip the webs with ease. Shit, that hasn't happened before.

As I was focusing on this new villain, MY Doc Oc has escaped from his restraints and threw me against the wall, knocking all the air out of me. I cough and look up at the two silhouettes slowly skulking towards me. One Doc Oc is hard enough, but TWO?!

I feel like this is gonna take a while.

I stand and begin to attack, focusing more on the villain with 10 limbs instead of the one with 8. Priorities.

As I was in the process of beating their ass, a loud woosh sound echoed throughout the warehouse. What now?!

I decided to keep my focus on the two I was dealing with and deal with problem number 3 later. But as I continued to fight the new Doc Oc, a large, blue streak flew past my vision and slammed the new Doc Oc against the wall, denting it. I stopped attacking for a moment and looked in fear of what I thought I was going to have to fight next.

My hesitation opened me up for my Doc Oc to attack, but I dodged and threw a strong punch to his jaw, dislocating it. He screams in agony and throws a punch with one of his mechanical arms, but I catch it and shift his momentum so he was on the ground. As I held him there, I assessed the situation with the two new arrivals.

There was of course, the new arrival of Doc Oc and a very VERY largely built man struggling to keep the Doc Oc at bay. His suit was tight fitted and was dark blue and red, with a similar logo to mine, a spider. He was having trouble holding down all of his limbs, so I decide to take a risk and send my webs his way to hold down as much of his arms as I could to give him a hand.

He whipped his head round and his suit's eyes glared at me. "STAY BACK, I've got this!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes under my mask and subdue Doc Oc. I didn't hurt him that bad, just knocked him out. I wrapped him like a burrito as a precaution, and slowly made my way over to this weird looking... Hero?

By this point, he had also subdued this Doc Oc and bound him in similar looking webs, except they were red. I'm not sure how he subdued him, the villain showed no signs of bruising around the neck and I could still see him breathe. The hero was looking down at his weird looking watch, displaying lots of numbers and graphs. I did catch Earth-68934 on there. "You're not from here are you?" I whisper to him.

"You're just a kid." He muttered. He was still looking at graphs and numbers on his watch. "Just a helpless kid, yet you were managing before I got here?" I keep staring at him. His voice was very soft and almost familiar when speaking to me.

"I'm... no kid! Haha! I'm fully grown. Yep. Fully grown." I laugh nervously and give him an awkward thumbs up.

"Ugh. Lila. How useful?" He muttered to his watch. A small lady wearing heart glasses and a fluffy white coat appeared in the air, projected by the watch. I lean in closer to look in more detail at his watch. He shuffles away as he notices I was even closer than before. The lady spoke up.

"According to sources, canon events and backstory... Oh gosh... Yes! Yes! Very useful!" Lila smiled. "Are you lying?" He growls at the lady. the hologram swiftly disappeared and it was as dark as it was before again.

The man scoffs and throws the villain over his shoulder. He presses a few buttons on his watch and with a similar woosh to the one sounded when he arrived, a bright orange swirling vortex appeared in thin air. "Come with me, kid." He muttered. He threw me a watch similar to his, and walked through the portal.

His voice was so familiar
So warm and welcome to my ears.

So I followed him in.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: You guys don't UNDERSTAND the amount of angst I have planned for this one! So excited to make myself and others cry!