你已經幾夜無眠⋯ 為他站崗。

Start from the beginning

"Skeleton..." His voice was soft and comforting as he gently patted my back. "I... I won't leave. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere..." I felt relieved, all the tension in my chest disappearing. My grip on him gradually loosens as I muster up the courage to look him in the eyes. Then, upon remembering my quite obvious tear-stained cheekbones, I quickly pull away and start frantically wiping them away with my sleeve. Wither then suddenly grabs my wrist, pulling my arm away from my face. I use my other arm to cover my face in embarrassment.

"I... I wasn't crying, if that's what you're thinking," I blurt out. Still covering my face, I mumble, "Just allergies..."

"No need to be embarrassed, Skeleton..."

"I-I'm not embarrassed!" I cross my arms, gazing away from him. My cheeks felt warm, and I pray to Notch that I successfully wiped away all my tears.

"Sure you aren't," he says with a lighthearted chuckle. He smiles and pats my head. "You're right, though. We have a better chance of defeating the Lord together. Without you, I'd probably be a goner..."

I feel myself perk up at his praise. Wither rarely ever showed weakness in front of me, the two of us always silently competing in a silly game of who is stronger. It was stupid thinking back on it.

"Wither, I... I also wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to you. I may not show it often but I... I care about you..." I spoke only the truth, the full unconditional truth.

"Aww, I think that's like the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"You ruined it," I say with a pout.

"It means a lot coming from you, Skeleton," he says with a genuine smile. An uncontrollable smile slowly surfaces, because damn him and his handsome smile.

"We... We should head to bed, Wither... It's getting late..."

"The fact that you're able to keep school in mind after that whole fight is beyond me, Skeleton. Though, I'm not surprised." I roll my eyes and smile in response. "I'm waking you up at eight, so you'd better hurry up and get to bed."

"Alright, alright, I'm going!"

"...Goodnight, Wither."

"Goodnight, Skeleton."

~

I wake up to the sound of quiet snoring. I peep open a single eye, not fully awake just yet. Am I just imagining things? Yawning, I sit up and stretch before rubbing my eyes. I tiredly scan my room, almost falling back asleep when I spot Wither across the room. He was fast asleep on the floor, his chest rising and falling as he snored.

"What in the world is this idiot doing in my room at this time of day..." I check my clock. It reads five pm.

I push myself out of bed, debating whether or not I should wake him. I gently shake him but he doesn't budge. Sighing, I lift him up steadily before placing him on my bed. He instantly relaxes into the soft mattress as I place my blanket over him. I sit beside him on my bed, sighing as I stare at the ceiling.

What do I do now? And when in the world did he enter my room? I watch as he sleeps soundly, all my frustrations quickly fading.

Suddenly, I feel his arm snake around my waist. Before I have time to react, he pulls me down next to him and hugs me like a teddy bear. My whole body stiffens as I don't dare to move. My cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"W-Wither...?" I stutter. As expected, he uttered no response as he slept soundly.

This idiot... I'm going to kill him when he wakes up. I certainly didn't expect myself to drift off to sleep.