Making memories

When we hugged, she held me tight. So tight I could hear her heart, thumping loudly, it couldn't be as fast as mine, though. It felt right out of a fairy tale, this moment. 

She took me by the waist and spun me around, I broke into giddy laughter. She'd done this since we were little, it was her way of boasting strength, I suppose. As she put me down, I stared into her eyes. The stunning sparkle in her eyes. Her smile reflected on the corner of her eyes, and slight tints of red on her cheeks. I'm not sure if she was blushing, or a trick of the light, like last night.

Without notice, we were gazing into each other's eyes. My turn to flush red. Right then, as if to my rescue, my new kitten started softly pawing at Sofia's leg.

"Oh wow! Is she yours? Where'd you find her? What's her name? She's gorgeous, wait it's a she, right?" She started question after question as she knelt down to play with it.

"Uh, she sort of jumped at me while I went to pick berries, haven't given her a name, honestly not sure if she's a girl but I can assume." I'd also put a knee down to be on the same level as them. I glanced at my beloved before asking  "Would you like to help me take care of her?"

Her face broke out into a smile from ear to ear.  "Yes! Can we name her once we head out to the fields after tea?"

She was still smiling. God, she is.. perfect. 

"Oh yes, let's go eat now, no?" I said, brushing the dirt off my dress after standing up. Offering a hand to the beautiful girl together with me. She grabs hold of it, only to pull me down, resulting in a laugh from me. "What the hell was that for?" 

"You can't really expect to be perfectly clean when with me, can you?" Such a sly remark, with such an innocent look in her eyes. I was inches apart from her face. 

I leaned in closer and I... bumped into her forehead as revenge. She fell on to the grass, with a faint laugh, such a soft, beautiful sound. I gave her my hand again, she took it this time, and bowed, only to mock me.

We entered the sunroom, I poured her some tea and sat next to her. Getting lost in mindless conversation. Hours spent on a tea party for two. Then, I realized, we were going to head to the fields to watch the sunset.

I got up in a rush, startling my kitten, now asleep on Sofia's lap, and Sofia herself. "What happened?"

"We should leave now if we want to watch the sun properly set, no?" I said grabbing her arm, dragging her to the stables.

The cat followed behind, energetic and happy to be with us.

I took out my horse, and climbed on top. Sofia got on from behind.

My horse rushed off, the kitten running behind me. Suddenly, Autumn, my horse, galloped away faster than usual. Sofia let out a grunt and swiftly grabbed my waist. 

Then, there were butterflies. In the sky, and in my stomach. Her grasp on me tightened, and she moved forward, closer to me. I looked down at the grounds, right by us was our cat. I looked up at the skies, the clouds were mesmerizing. Soft yellow hues started to pop up in the sky.

The tranquil moment continued for a bit longer, Sofia's body pressed against mine while on my horse, amongst the dreamlike scenery. Then, we arrived at the fields.

I got off my horse, and assisted Sofia. Autumn followed us into the field and laid down. Our kitten rushed up to me and started running around in circles. I'd sat down on the fields, Sofia laying next to me, arms behind her head. 

"That cloud looks pretty." She pointed up at a small cumulus cloud. "Reminds me of our adorable little kitten."

"Oh! On that topic, what should we name her?" I asked, eagerly.

"Hmmm, you named your horse Autumn, why not name her Evergreen?" 

"That sounds lovely," I took the cat into my lap and softly patted her, she purred in bliss, "do you like the name?"

She nuzzled into my arm, which I took as confirmation. Then I'd picked four dandelions and laid down next to Sofia.

"Wanna make a wish?" I suggested.

"Sure! But... why four?" 

"You can make any two wishes you want, and you can tell me one of them, and keep the other a secret. I'll do the same. Seems fun, right?" Smiling, I handed over a dandelion.

She softly made two wishes, the petals of the dandelion getting lost in the sky, now getting a slight bit darker.

"So, do you want to know my first, or my second wish?" She asked.

"Umm, second!"

"I wished that you'd be my closest friend no matter what we'd encounter."

"Aww, I'm touched," She extended out one of her hands, motioning me to lay down on it "you do too much for me."

"Not so much for our royal highness."

"Haha! I knew you'd ruin the beautiful moment."

"Stating truth ruins nothing." She gave me a sly stare. "Now you make your wishes."

I made my first wish: I'd never stop trying to achieve my goals.

Then my second wish: No harm would come to my loved ones, specifically Sofia.

" I want to know... your first wish." She said, pulling me in closer to her.

"I'd never stop trying to achieve my goals."

"That's so... banal!"

"Hey, I spilled my heart out to you." I said, looking up at the skies. "Wow."

"Yeah. Wow."

It was a magical sight. Stars dotting the top of the sky, a dark blue, fading into purple, then pink. Reddish hues surrounding the entire sky. A few birds flying about, all of it was... astonishing. Yet, the greatest sight to behold was next to me. Her eyes, reflecting the colors of the sky, the same sparkle of the stars. Her skin, glowing like glitter, despite the sky turning dark. Even her hair, her lips, all of her, was gorgeous beyond comprehension.

"I'll never forget this moment." I uttered.

"Me too," She stared into my eyes, with the red very visibly on her face again "and I'm glad I'm with you during this moment."

"I'll always be with you. I'm going to be there for all the milestones in your life, you know. You can't get rid of me." I said, interlocking our fingers and closing my eyes as I lay next to her.