I could even see how he wiped the tears from his eyes.

And when I narrowed my gaze, I could see that he sighed while looking at me with his hand-stained tears.

"You're funny, Viona..."

"...you're just impossible to read, Vaxius..." Again he laughed but this time, his hand went over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I wanted to push him away but even then, his words got a better hold of my position.

"This boutique is just the shop's façade but it had another business within. It's called the Miracle shop, and the owner would sell potions, and herbs on any medicines..."

Then it dawned on me.

"Why are you even buying any medicines? Who told you that this was the place? And are you even sure you can trust that person? What if-----"

His pointing finger went in between my lips and before I knew it, the door opened and Vaxius was the one talking to a cloaked person. From my side, I could see how the person seemed to be young, and when I was about to fully see him, Vaxius led me within the place.

The lightened room was full of gorgeous and expensive dresses, as I looked around, they were dazzling, as if they couldn't be touched, and could only be displayed.

"Be careful from now on, Viona," I heard Vaxius say. I could feel his hand tightly gripping mine and when I finally averted that magical scenario, my gaze went to his broad and stiff back, and how the young man in front of us, was guiding us to another place.

When I saw that he picked a book from a tiny shelf beside the counter of the shop, he didn't even remove it fully from the place, but I could see how the wall divided in front of us and one thing that differentiated it from the rest of the place, it was dark.

One step, two, and three, we entered as my feet landed on stairs pointing downwards. The lamps lit their way as we passed by like they had a mind of dancing in the wind of our silhouettes passing by.

"Sir Nerry had been here for decades and it's the first time I heard that he said this place to a young man like you..." the man said.

Are they talking about the person who said about this place to Vaxius? Then if that was the case, why did it feel like he was young earlier? Am I mistaken?

I tugged Vaxius' coat and he looked at me.

His eyebrows creased and I could do the same thing as I heard him sighing. The man in front of us continued to talk but Vaxius shook his head and almost rolled his eyes if he didn't lean in closer to my ears.

"I told you about Nerry earlier, didn't I?"

I recalled his words and nodded when I heard the name

"I met him a couple of months ago in the same place and saved him upon a moving carriage that was about to hit him. Well, it was about to kill him if I hadn't arrived and as repayment, he said about this shop when I asked him about medicines"

"So he wasn't a servant within your imperial palace?"

I heard him chuckle before leaning once more having his hand cover the part of his mouth that was already touching my ears.

"Did I ever tell you about him being a servant?"

"You're way too impossible, Vaxius"

"Glad thing you knew..."

"Why you----"

"All right, just relax, and let me handle the rest"

"But you haven't even told me the reason why you're here and---"

I heard him sigh as he stopped walking. The man might have sensed it so he turned to look at us. I could see from within his black veil that his eyebrows were creasing but I didn't pay much attention to it because right now, my blood is already boiling with this young man in front of me.

"I am here to help a friend, and because I wanted to repay that friend. Second, did you see me hanging around the servants of the imperial household like right now?" I looked everywhere and my eyes thinned when I looked at his eyes.

"No, right? Then I guess, to be truthful right now, I guess I have no choice..." he whispered again but this time, he put both of his hands over my shoulders pulling me closer to him.

"They were my father and brother's eyes and ears and I couldn't ask them something even if I wanted to..."

My eyes widened. As I guessed, something is going on with him within the imperial household.

"Then why don't you leave them?" I heard him laugh at my question and removed that warmth from my ears.

"Trust me, if I had the strength then I should have done that when I was still a child, Viona..."

At that time, I didn't even think that he had so much darker side than the aura he was displaying outside of that façade.

"You two, if you are willing to go then you might continue but you are free to leave on the other side..." the man spoke and pointed to the other side while his other hand continued to hold a key.

Vaxius and I looked at each other before sighing.

"We would like to continue"

"Then please follow me..." he said and turned his back against us once more.

This time, I was the one who tiptoed to reach Vaxius' ears as I mimicked the way his hands moved to cover his mouth earlier.

"Hey, why does that man seem to be young?"

"You mean, the man in front of us?"

"Who else?"

"I see," he chuckled but said the words that widened my eyes

"He's the son of the man named Nerry and everything about his father, he knew them all"

"Really? Then why is he in a black veil?"

"You're indeed curious for your being, might I suggest that knowing too much could lead you to a dangerous situation, Viona"

"I just wanted to feed my curiosity Vaxius..." I almost rolled my eyes as if he weren't able to stop us from walking.

"It's because of a scar on his face"

"Why? Can't any medicine heal it?"

"No, it's been cursed by black magic. Besides that, if you see his eyes, he would surely know your ulterior motive."

"I guess we're here. So, pick the medicine you wanted, Nerry said that it was free of charge..."

I didn't expect that the darker I kept on knowing his secrets, the darker those secrets that the people around him held, and one of those was his true nature and his condition.

After Vaxius chose a lot of medicines, he smiled at the man and the man only sighed as he nodded. Currently, we were already outside of the shop but the smirk on his face, never faded.

"So I guess this is it. I better----"

"Not so far, Viona. Before that, we have to lend this medicine to where it would belong"

"Where it would belong?"

"Don't you know about the Sellion village?"

"You mean the small village beside the market?"

"Yes, and we're going there right now, and no buts because you know, Viona... You're already my sidekick at everything..."