11. Couch

When I agreed to give Gavi a chance we forgot one very important thing: a date.

Its been a few days and neither of us have dared to bring up our agreement. We go on our cute little coffee dates and I watch his practices from the stands. We kiss when people are watching and talk like Pedri's right next to us even when he isn't.

It's driving me crazy. And since I want to be prepared at any moment incase he springs our deal on me spontaneously I haven't been spending time alone either.

I've pretty much decided Gavi's never going to follow up on our deal and was only toying with me when he's over at our house one morning. 

Pedri's making bacon and eggs this time while Gavi and I sit next to one another at the island. It's eerily silent, the kind of quiet I'm used to when we all stayed out late the night before and remain tired. Not the kind of quiet I'm used to when I can basically see the waves of tension floating between Gavi and I. When Pedri steps out of the room for a second Gavi whispers in my ear, "You better not touch yourself until I get the chance to." A jolt runs through my body and I glance over at him. He's staring straight ahead, expression unchanged as Pedri comes back into the room with another carton of eggs.

I want Pedri to leave in search of something else so I can talk to Gavi; ask him what his comment was about or make a comment myself. As time goes on and Pedri continues making his eggs, humming to himself, I lose that confidence.

We're sitting there eating, the silence broken up by small comments about our days and mundane things. I'm done eating when they're dishing up more. I want to go back up to my room to get ready, but I also really want another moment alone with Gavi. I'm afraid if I get up off this chair I'll lose my opening to say anything about our deal until he brings it up again.

"I'm going out tonight," Pedri tells us between mouthfuls. 

"Another date?" Gavi asks. Pedri's been going on a lot of those lately, pretty soon he's going to need a fake girlfriend of his own. Too bad Gavi's sister has a fiancé.

Pedri shrugs. 

"Is it the same girl?" I ask.

My brother shakes his head. "Nah."

"Care to share anymore?" I prod.

"Nope."

I sigh dramatically before spinning around and sliding off my stool. These guys are so annoying.

As I head for the stairs Gavi calls after me, "Staying in or going out tonight?"

I stop at the bottom of the stairs and look over at him. His face displays nothing, but the anxious bouncing of his knee gives him away. "Staying in." Definitely staying in.

The boys went to training shortly after, leaving me with the house to myself. I lounge around for a while, mainly watching tv. When I know they'll be home soon I go back upstairs to pick the outfit I want to wear for tonight. 

I take out my comfiest and favorite set of black lace underwear. I know I want to wear sweat pants and a tank top---so I'll get cold and have to cuddle with Gavi---so I pick out some navy pants and a black tank top.

I start to get them on when I hear a car pull into the driveway. They must be home.

I hear the front door open and am about to grab my tank top, the last thing I need to put on, when there's a knock on my door.

"One minute!" I call out. Pedri's pretty good about giving me privacy.

The door swings open.

"Gavi!" I whisper yell, holding my shirt in front of my chest.