10. Bikini

I've been avoiding being alone with Gavi ever since the whole 'we could've had sex'/'do you want to have sex' fiasco. It's only been two days and Pedri's been around enough my task hasn't been difficult, but still, I can tell Gavi knows what I'm doing.

Every time he asks me if I want to go out I tell him I'm too tired. Every time he knocks on my door after I've gone up to bed I pretend I'm asleep.

Our managers have messaged us, instructing us to go on another date to be seen in public, but I skirt that too. Today the team has arranged a beach day with all the players and their families. All the players pitched in to rent out a whole private beach and it is the perfect opportunity for me to be seen with Gavi without having to go anywhere with him alone.

In my room I'm getting ready. I've lain out my two favorite bikinis and am trying to chose between the two. One is black and one is blue. They're both pretty simple but the blue one covers my butt more so I chose it because we're going to be around kids all day.

I put my bathing suit on and throw a pretty blue sundress overtop before skipping down the stairs. In the hallway my brother and Gavi are each carrying two folding chairs from our back porch to the car.

"Do you guys want some help?" I offer.

"Can you open the front door?" my brother asks.

"Sure." I head over to the front door and open it for the two of them to pass through. "Do you want me to open the car door too?"

"Nope, we already opened it. Thanks though," Pedri says, "there are protein shakes in the kitchen if you want one."

"Okay thanks," I say, closing the front door and scurrying towards the kitchen. I pick up one of the cups and take a sip when I hear the door open behind me. "That was quick," I say as I turn around to see the door. Only Gavi comes inside.

"Your brother said he didn't need any help," he explains. He comes over to me and picks up his own cup before walking behind me and sitting on the stool on my other side. "I like your dress," he adds, touching the fabric at my leg lightly. "I like the color."

"Thanks," I say awkwardly, hoping my brother comes back soon.

"Are we going to talk about the reason you've been avoiding me?" he asks before bringing his cup to his lips.

"I haven't been avoiding you." Technically I'm not lying, I've been avoiding being alone with him.

He forces me to meet his eyes. "Adrianna don't bullshit me, you know what I'm talking about."

"I don't," I lie, trying but failing to make it convincing.

"Gavi! Adri!" my brother calls from the front door. I jump up off my stool to see what's wrong. I hear Gavi get up just as quick. When I go over to Pedri at the front door nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. "We're going to be late," Pedri adds.

My body releases its tension and I punch my brother in the shoulder. "You had us worried, geez."

"I wondered why you jumped up so quick," Pedri murmurs. "Anyways, lets go." He grabs his phone off the counter then the cup and lid with his drink and goes back outside. 

I'm quick to follow, grabbing my things as well. "Lock up," I tell Gavi, knowing he has a key.

The beach is pretty crowed, familiar faces everywhere. As soon as we're out of the car and set up in a spot on the beach Gavi interlocks our hands. Right, out here we have to pretend to be dating. I lean my head on his shoulder.