Sweaty bedsheets, A hospital gown, Needles

Start from the beginning

"Hello Hunter, it's nice to finally see you up and awake." The doctor said, a middle aged man with a bit of a gut. He walked into the room toting a clipboard. "How are you feeling?"

Hunter really had to think about that question. "...Fine?" Was the reply. The blonde did not know this man, and thus had no reason to give him more details than that. In truth, he felt tired, confused, itchy, and like he desperately needed a shower.

"I think we should launch into things, just to get it all out of the way. Do you understand what happened to you? Do you know why you're here?"

"I... got hurt?" Hunter guessed. He really didn't know.

"Sort of the truth. My nurse from a few minutes ago told me that you were a little confused, and that you didn't quite answer all of her questions correctly. Now, feel free to stop me anytime, but here's the lowdown: You overdosed on your anxiety medication four days ago, in what your caretakers and I believe what a suicide attempt. When you're feeling a little more like yourself, we'll talk about what will happen after the end of your hospital stay"

"Suicide attempt?" Hunter burst out before he could stop himself. Then, "Four days?! I've been asleep for four days???"

Fuck . He'd only meant to grant himself a little bit of peace and silence, not a damn near death experience .

"I understand that this is a lot to take in. I've briefed Mrs. Noceda and Mr. Deamonne on your situation, and I believe it may be best to allow them to explain what happened. If you'll excuse me..." The doctor excused himself, his presence surprisingly short lived.

Everything felt awful. He just wanted a little bit of rest after a terrible day, and instead he'd almost fucking died . His life just seemed to be a series of alternating between one huge mess-up to another. A tiny, shriveled, rotten part of himself wished that the overdose had actually worked.

"Hunter, baby, can you look at me?" Camila said, taking his hand and rubbing it gently. Eberwolf hopped up onto the bed and quickly settled on his lap with a purring sigh. The teenager refused, instead opting to look at the needles slinking down into his arms. They made him so itchy. Everything was making him want to scratch. Sheets, once soft and unnoticeable, now felt sweaty and uncomfortable. The gown that they'd dressed him in left him feeling terribly naked and exposed.

"I don't want these needles in my arms."

"They're helping you get better, kid. Sorry, but they gotta stay." Eda immediately countered.

"I don't want to be here, either. When can we leave?"

"It's more complicated than that. You'll be here until tomorrow. Maybe tonight when you're feeling a little better, we'll talk about what comes next."

Anger simmered behind his eyes. They were treating him like a petulant child . He used to be a high ranking soldier, the Emperor's right hand man. Now he sat chained to a hospital bed by needles and scratchy bed sheets. Hunter's eyes caught Raine's nervous ones. The deep, genuine worry and sadness in their facial expression took him down a notch, bringing him back into his body. These people were all here to visit him, help take care of him. He should be grateful for that. Instead, he just felt trapped.