Chapter 5

As the heard made their way down the trail to the mountain, Buck sniffed along the ground before stoping at one of the space rocks and honing in on it.

"What are you doing Buck?" Crash and Eddie were following close by, observing the weasel and his odd behaviors. Buck picked up the rock and turned to the possum brothers.

"All rocks tell a tale," he answered then took a lick of the space mineral in his hand. "Where we've been and where we're heading." He tossed the rock behind him and continued on sniffing the trail. Crash and Eddie gasped in awe at the idea and started to sniff the trail themselves. Crash stopped at a mound and was about to take a lick but Buck stopped him.
"That however, is a turd." Crash quickly retracted his tongue and moved on.

You giggled at the interaction between the three as you walked next to Ellie.
"So, how's life been in prehistoric paradise for the last 10 plus years?" Ellie asked.

"It's been absolutely wonderful! Every minute I've spent down there with Buck has been everything I could have ever wanted." You sighed dreamily. "A little bit of daring adventure here, a little bit of sight seeing and traveling there. We take time to relax and focus on each other. I couldn't ask for more honestly."

Ellie looked at you with a beaming smile.
"That sounds amazing! I'm happy that you two were able to find each other all those years ago. It quite literally was love at first sight. You two are made for each other!" You blushed and smiled up at her.

"Thank you, Ellie. I think so too. I love him more than anything."

"Have you ever considered, you know, expanding your relationship? Considered having a few kids, settling down, taking things slow for a while?" Ellie looked down at you as she asked.

"You know, I definitely have many times. I really want to as well. It's just never came up in conversation before and Buck loves the high energy and danger at every turn. I don't know how to ask him to give that up and settle down for a while." You frowned, looking at the ground as you contemplated your thoughts. You've always wanted kids, and you just know that Buck would be the best dad around, you just don't know how he would take it .
"Plus for the past month and a half I haven't felt quite like myself." You continued. "I've been very achy, tired and my emotions have just been everywhere. Not to mention how sick I've been feeling every morning as well. If Buck did end up saying yes to children, I would want to be completely healthy before I took on pregnancy."

Ellie stopped in her tracks and looked at you with an unreadable expression.
"You said you've been feeling like all of that for how long now?" She asked standing in front of you.

You raised your hand to your chin and thought about it.
"About a month or two. It started on a little slow but has just been slowly getting worse as the days have gone on." Ellie's widened and a dumbfounded expression painted her face.

"Okay this is going to be a very weird question, but how long has it been since you two have gotten it on." She asked seriously.

Your face flushed red as you glared at your sister.
"Ellie, I know we're sisters, but I didn't think you meant that kind of personal!" You whisper shouted.

"Just answer the question!"

"Fine, about a two and a half months ago...." Your eyes widened like saucers as you finally pieced together what Ellie was implying.
There's no way you are pregnant. Is there?? You and Buck have done the deed plenty of times before but you've never actually considered getting knocked up because of it. Why didn't you consider that?? Of course it could happen!

"Now Y/N, I'm not saying that it's a for sure prediction, but with everything that you've been experiencing, it reminds me of when I first found out I was pregnant with Peaches." Ellie reassured and put her trunk on your shoulder, trying to have you take in the information as easily with less stress as possible.

"No no no no, I can't be pregnant now! We're literally in the final days of what could be the end of the world! I don't know if I can handle that reality plus the fact that there might be a tiny weasel growing inside of me!" You breathed heavily and put your hands on your head and through your fur. "What if Buck doesn't want to be a father in the first place?! What if he doesn't have what it takes?! What if I don't have what it takes?! This is the worst timing ever!" You pressed the palms of your hands on your eyes and felt tears well up in them. Damn possible pregnancy emotions.

"Hey hey hey, it's okay!" Ellie spoke softly, "just breath. Maybe this is a good thing! This baby could be your drive to keep the world from ending. I'm sure Buck would be thrilled at the news! I've seen him look at you with nothing but admiration and love. He'll be supporting no matter what." Her words reassured you as she stroked your back helping you breath in and out.

You looked up at her, your eyes glazed with tears as you smiled.
"Thank you Ellie, I really mean it." You both continued to walk again, catching up with the group. "I just don't know if I want to tell him that I'm pregnant just yet. I mean, he's leading the whole group to save the world. I don't want him to stress out about me and the end."

"Then wait until it's been saved. You don't have to tell him just yet. Focus on you and easing yourself into the big news. It's a lot to take in all at once." Ellie looked at you before bumping you with her trunk making you chuckle. "And I'll be with you every step of the way. We can think of names, what they'll look like, and I can answer any questions you might have. I'm here for you sis, you're not alone."

You smiled and hugged Ellie.
"What did I do, to deserve an amazing sister like you?"

"Just happened to be fate that your mother decided it was our tree she was gonna protect you in. From then, the rest is history." You both laughed and continued talking about the baby not noticing that your husband had started to eavesdrop halfway through the conversation and caught on to what was going on.

Bucks eyes were wide as thoughts flew through his mind. Him? A dad? He's thought about it before over only a million times! A kid that's the perfect blend of the two of you combined!? What more could he ask for!?

Aside from the good news, you said that you weren't sure if he was ready to take on parenting.

Oh he is gonna show you. He is gonna do whatever it takes to prove he's ready to be the best father any weasel baby could ask for!

He just has to come up with a plan...

—————————————————————————

Super short chapter I'm so sorry!! I wanted to get it out today because my creative juices were flowing! Isn't Ellie just the best mammoth sister ever?

I really hope you guys liked it!! I don't know all to much about pregnancy and the early symptoms since I've never been pregnant before, but from what I researched, it's really different for every mum so it's not to big of a deal.

But oooooo whatever will Buck do to prove he's father worthy?? I wonder.

Anyway. Thank you for reading! See you in the next chapter.

~🐸