Chapter 4

| Notes at end of chapter|

Light seeped into the forgotten world below, from every crack and crevice in sky that is made up of the earths thick crust. The sound of pebbles clacking on solid rock as they fell down into the cloudy abyss below, along with the huffing of exhausted breaths and scraping of stone were the only noises that could be heard for miles. The great mountain seemed to go up forever as time slowly flew by, making the journey even more agonizing than it already was. A light sheet of sweat glistened on fur as two figures pulled up a gargantuan object seemingly fifty times their body weight.

For those who have never experienced such an event, this task may seem impossible, and maybe in truth, it is. Only those who are physically, emotionally and mentally prepared for such a daunting task, may be willing to proceed but for two-

"HOW MUCH FURTHER TO THE TOP?!"

"NOT MUCH DARLING!"

"HOW MUCH IS NOT MUCH?!"

"I DON'T KNOW DARLING!"

For two weasels, it's practically nothing. Sometimes.

You shook your head at your husband's response as you pushed the giant stone up against the mountain side. You could hear his grunting and, quite dramatic, groaning as he pulled the rope upwards towards the surface.

Not to long after, the sound of Buck's sharp tooth knife struck into the surface above.

"GRRRAAH! Oh! Hello mammals!" Buck's voiced greeted above you.
"Hi Buck!"
"Hi!" You looked up after hearing the familiar voice of one of your possum brothers, only to watch as Buck let go of his knife and sent the stone backwards into you and down the mountain side. You screamed as you dug your paws into the rocks, trying to stop both you from falling as well as the stone tablet.

Luckily, Buck was able to get a grip on a ledge and swung the rope so it wrapped around his knife in the ground.
"Um. A little help." Buck grunted and not to soon after, the weight of the stone was lifted off of you as it, as well as yourself, was flung into the air.

You felt yourself get caught by Elli's trunk before you hit the ground.
"I don't know about you, but I want to see my sister again, after all these years, squished like a bug." Ellie smiled as she looked down at you.
You smiled back and hugged her tightly.
"Although it would be funny, I don't know how polite that would be of me." She hugged you back with her trunk. You felt your eyes well up with tears as your emotions took control of you. How long has it been? How much have you missed out on? Why are you so damn emotional?! Crash and Eddie jumped up next to you and pulled you into a crushing hug.
"Y/N!" They yelled in unison. "It's been so long!We've missed you so much!" Eddie cried out. They pulled back and Eddie wiped his nose with Crash's tail, causing Crash to yank his tail back in disgust. You laughed.

"It's so good to see you both too! It will be so nice to finally be able to catch up." You slipped down Ellie's trunk just in time to see your other half wringing himself out.

"Ugh! Right on the spleen! Utterly useless, but totally hurts." He whined as he poked his side.

"Hey Y/N! Buck!" Diego laughed, "Welcome back!" Diego walked towards the both of you, along with some familiar and unfamiliar faces.

"Wait. These two half-sized-snacks are your guys's old friend and the dinosaur whisperer?" a white and black female saber tooth tiger stood next to Diego and looked at you both quizzically.

"And expert salsa dancers!" Buck exclaimed as he grabbed your hand and pulled you into a dance, spinning you in circles and dipping you again and again until he decided to quit the bit and take a breather. "Whoo!" He exhaled. "I have one eye but all my original teeth! Would you like to count them!?" Buck opened his mouth in front of the saber, causing her to back away in discomfort
"No thank you!" She exclaimed. You offered her an apologetic glance. It's been a long time since you both have been in good company. Not that he's ever learned personal space or manners in the first place.