"I like the chocolate," he mutters, looking at different mixes. Nalfain can read English, but he struggles to understand colloquialisms, slang, cultural references, sarcasm, and so on. His speech always comes across unusual in its cadence, and slightly accented. I've gotten used to it though, and find it sort of amusing. If he weren't a homicidal maniac, I'd call it endearing, but there's nothing endearing about this creature. Nal's deceptively beautiful, and that's half the problem here. By nature he's a cruel, evil bastard and not to be trusted. If I let this motherfucker off-leash, he'd slit a cashier's throat for looking at him sideways.

"You'd probably like Devil's Food Cake," I finally say.

"Would I?"

"Probably, it's super moist, very chocolaty if that's what you're going for."

Nal hums in thought for a beat before making a decision, "fine. I should like that which you mentioned and the red one."

"Red velvet?"

"Yes."

"'Kay." I smirk, tossing both into the cart along with a can of vanilla and chocolate frosting.

"Why do you look at me this way?" Nal eyes me curiously as we begin to leave the aisle.

"Not sure what you mean."

"You know that which I meant Bradley, do you mock me?"

I shake my head and sigh, "no, Nal. I'm not mocking you."

"Then what is it?"

I just smile and shrug, "honestly it's just sort of cute you want to bake, that's all." The words coming out of my mouth cause me to wince inwardly.

"Cute?" Nalfain tilts his head, "what is cute?"

"It just...it means something is appealing, or attractive." My reluctant explanation causes a wicked little smirk to tug at the corner of his lips. Nal stalks over, expression strangely playful. He stops in front of me and let's his eyes wander over my body before a warm hand reaches out to adjust my coat collar. "You just gave me a compliment, didn't you Bradley?"

I scoff and shake my head, "As long as you think it was a compliment then that's all that matters."  Nal just chuckles, smirk still tugging at his lips. I hate myself, now his ego is gonna get ten-times worse. "Do you know what I think, Bradley?" He runs his finger tip across my collar bone and begins to trail it down my chest.

"Don't know, don't care." I grumble, batting his hand away. He exhales contentedly, examining his nails for a few tics before locking eyes with me. Nal slinks himself closer until his chest is pressed against mine, his hand tugging me down by the collar until our mouths lightly touch.

"Don't start with me, elf." I whisper irritably.
Nal just hums as he slides his lips down my neck, pressing small kisses against it along the way—he's such a fucking tease, and he knows we're in public. "You like me, Vampire" he purrs, nipping at my neck as he reaches down to squeeze me through my jeans. I can't help but inhale sharply, groaning at the arousal he's stirring. Nal's hand lingers just long enough to drive me crazy before releasing his grip, a smug little grin on his face.

"Pointy-eared fucker." I mutter, shoving him off as I try to kill the hard-on he just triggered.

"You're welcome," he crows smugly.

"Whatever," I mutter, shoving my hands in my pockets, readjusting myself slightly. He's figured out how to push all of my buttons, and I'm not sure I like the power it gives him. Unlike humans, I can't manipulate Nalfain nor can he be charmed, and it sucks.