Holy crap...

"....."

"B-But it was only one time!"

"No, that's okay. It's just..."

I started bursting out laughing.

"Picturing you playing in a box is hilarious. But at the same time adorable."

"O-Oh..."

Bocchi tries to laugh along awkwardly but eventually starts laughing for real. Moments later I rub my eyes.

"Ah, that was funny. But thanks for deciding to talk to me out of all people. Means a lot!"

Bocchi blushes slightly.

"A-Actually... there was something I wanted to talk about."

"Hm? What is it?"

"I..."

Bocchi takes a deep breath.

"I wanted to say sorry about what happened! I-I wasn't thinking right and rested on your shoulder and asked for head pats! P-Please don't think of me weirdly for that!"

"Aw, Hitori you don't need to apologize... I don't mind anyway... we all need a little comfort here and there ehe!"

"Y-Yeah... I-It's just when I'm with you I feel safe. Is that weird?"

"Uh no not at all! It uhhh shows how great of a friendship we have!"

"Friendship..."

"What's wrong? Are we not friends?"

"N-No we're friends! I-It's just this doesn't feel like a normal friendship. D-Do friends really comfort each other like that?"

"... I mean I don't mind doing that stuff with you. So who cares what people think? You're special to me and I will always be there for you."

Bocchi looks at me with wide eyes and smiles brightly.

"You're so kind to me... when you say words like that it makes me really... really happy."

"Well, you deserve to be happy!"

Bocchi frowns like a little puppy,

"A-Are you sure? I'm just a piece of trash..." Bocchi says quietly.

"You're not no trash! Don't say that about yourself. You're a beautiful amazing girl!"

"A-A-A..."

Bocchi's face turns bright red and looks at me with utter shock.

I know I shouldn't have said that but I couldn't help myself!

"I-I'm sorry... but it's true! Stop thinking so lowly about yourself.

"Y-Y/N-kun... I-if you keep saying those things... it'll be too much for me to handle..."

"It's okay, let it all out-"

Before I knew it Bocchi was hugging me tightly. I thought she would cry but she didn't. It seemed like she just wanted some affection.

"C-Can I stay like this for a while?"

I smile sweetly.

"As long as you like Hitori."

As long as you like my love.

Bocchi hugs me for several minutes while we both enjoy the silence.

"I... I was actually pretty nervous about this gig since it's been a while since the band's done one. I was worried we would all split apart. But when you joined it felt like you brought everyone back together in a way. T-Thank you for that! I feel ready now that I have you."

"I feel ready too! I realized now that we're all in this together! We're not alone here. Thank you for making me realize that."

"G-Glad I was able to help!"

"Oh yeah, how did selling the tickets go for you."

"It went well... I street performed to give away the tickets."

"........."

I SHOULD'VE ASKED HER TO BUSK WITH ME AFTER ALL!

I'm so stupid. How else could she have sold the tickets? It's not like she can go up to people asking them to buy it.

"I see... Me and Kita-san did the same as well."

"R-Really? That's cool..." Bocchi says quietly while frowning.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to busk as well! But I thought you might be busy or something... I didn't just wanna call you out of the blue asking to meet up right then..."

Bocchi looks at me in the eyes and smiles ever so sweetly at me.

"I'm never busy if you want to hang out with me Y/N-kun. I'll always be available for you whenever you want!"

 I'll always be available for you whenever you want!"

My heart skipped a beat the moment she said that. She's so kind to me. No one has ever cared about me like this before.

I wanna marry you.

"O... Ok, how nice of you."

Bocchi continues to smile.

I'm ready for tomorrow for sure now. As long as I have Bocchi nothing can scare me. And this gig will turn out great. Because I am going to tell her I love her!