The surgery.

TW: Hospitals, Blood, Mentions of breaking bones, Self Doubt

{Scotts POV}

I hated just laying here. I felt lazy. I felt incapable of so many things. I felt useless, like i didnt mean anything anymore, all i could do is sit here. Pain killing my body every movement i take. I sighed, Today was the day of the surgery.. It was officially the painstaking Wednesday ide been dreading for the 2 days ive been here. 

"Mr. Scott Major?" A nurse came in and asked "Yep thats me" I said looking up from scrolling on my socials. "Your doctor is here to discuss the surgery with you and your mother!" she said, somewhat cheerful trying to lighten the subject. "O-oh alright." I said, my voice broke out of nervousness at the start, but ide had worse. 

A doctor then walked in with my mother, not biological, just our foster mom. But.. she felt like our real mother.. i loved that feeling. The nurse just left the room, leaving me, my mother and the doctor alone. That went on for about 45 minutes of explaining the precautions and recovery process with us. I hated feeling this nervous, anxiety was being poured into every little piece of my body. 

"Sound all good to you both? "mmmhmm." I just hummed in response, letting the anxiety take over my body "yes, that sounds alright Dr. Mintz." My "mother" said as the doctor then walked out of the room I was visibly shaking, and she notices "Are you alright scott?" She asked cautiously 

"I-im fine.. just nervous." I said, my voice shaky and breaking, i felt a strong hand guide me along something, i melted into the touch wrapping my arms around my "mothers" neck and freely sobbing out of pure panic. "Shhh.. itll be alright.." She said, stating words of comfort until my anesthesiologist walked into the room and handed me a piece of paper and left after giving me a pen.

The paper read 

Is this your biological parent?

Is your home life safe?

Did you have a choice against this surgery?

If not, was it the parent or was the surgery required?

were you pressured into being here?

Have you ever been abused?

If so, was it by "said parent" and if it was, when

I began to check off the ones that have happened and writing down my answered which consisted of 

No

Yes

No

Yes

no

Yes

No

I handed the paper back to him when he saw me look up, he smiled reading my responses and nodded before going along to discuss the anesthesia process and what to do in the room, aswell as discussing anxiety medicine to be put into my iv, which i decided yes on immediately.

It was all going so fast, i was scared to say the least, i wanted to burst into tears and just let myself cry, but i couldnt. Not infront of them. Before i knew it i was being rolled back into the surgical room and being transferred onto the operating table.