Chapter 9

9. Busted

warning: this chapter contains smut (including oral sex f receiving)

Eren was waiting outside of the chemistry lab where was class was about to end, he had spent almost two days thinking about what to do with his half-brother and, in the end, he had decided to confront him and quickly move on. If it were for him, he would've probably ignored the man until he had to move to another school, but he didn't want another incident like what happened with you again.

Even Levi had asked him to resolve their conflicts quietly so as to not disrupt the school atmosphere, there was absolutely no need for drama. Although it was easier said than done, some teachers were already on the case asking him many questions about his sibling's sudden appearance.

The bell rang and the lab's door opened as students made their way out, the man's eyes looked for a familiar face and he was thankful not to see you there knowing that you would've been probably worried for him. Once they were all out, Eren entered the room and saw Zeke still packing his stuff in his bag. "I need to talk to you." He decided to skip the awkwardness of exchanging greetings and faking his interest in how he was feeling.

"Hello to you too, Eren." The blonde man turned and offered him a small smile. "Sure, what did you want to talk about?"

Eren sighed. "Not here, follow me to my office please." He didn't want anyone to eavesdrop on their conversation. "This way." He waited until the man had finished packing and they silently walked through the hallway, the tension was almost suffocating. "Here, take a seat."

They entered the office and Eren closed the door before walking to his desk and sitting behind it, Zeke sat at the other end and looked around awkwardly. "I get it that Renata told you what happened."

The dark-haired man leaned against the seat, his arms crossed on his chest and his green eyes staring at the other man with an unimpressed expression. "What you did crossed the line, we're at school, leave your personal matters outside of here." He scolded the blonde. "Not to mention you dragged a student into it, what would've happened if she decided to report what happened to our superiors?"

Zeke tilted his head. "She wouldn't have because you two are having an affair." He pointed out and Eren clenched his jaw. "Listen, I'm sorry for bringing your girlfriend into this, I just wanted to talk to you and I knew you would've listened to her."

"How did you even know?" The brunette muttered under his breath.

"I saw you leaving together a few days ago, you should be more careful when you're still at school, there are eyes everywhere." He cleared his throat. "I just want to talk to you about our father, I know you must feel confused after finding out that he had another family before marrying your mom." He started and Eren snorted. "I don't know why Grisha kept it a secret, I didn't hear from him after his divorce from my mother, I found out about you after I tried to contact him and discovered that he was dead."

His half-brother shook his head. "He was a very secretive man, I doubt my mother even knew about you or your mother. I get that your intentions are good and whatever, but honestly? I don't know you, we may have our last name in common but other than that we're completely different, I don't want to get stuck in the past."

"I see. Well, I thought that maybe you would've wanted to meet your brother, I know how lonely it gets once your parents die and I wanted to be there for you."

Eren studied the man, he seemed genuine, but the idea of being close to him still made him feel uncomfortable for some reason. "Thank you, but there's no need. I'm not lonely and I'd rather live without knowing too many details about my father's first family." It was unfair, he knew as much, but it wasn't his place to apologize for what his father did to his firstborn.