Chapter 3

3. Friends Or Secret?

You swore you had wanted to trace a line between the two of you before you could actually give in to some weird idea and delude yourself.

But that took a weird turn when you started to exchange many emails with your professor, almost daily. You would start talking about your work and then move on to another topic, you talked about your day, your thoughts, and your ideas. He did the same, he would tell you about his other classes, and professors, he would recommend you some good books, or ask your opinion for a movie and that became routine pretty quickly.

There wasn't much to say about it, you would meet up at a local cafe with the excuse of talking about your latest essay and then just enjoy yourselves chitchatting or discussing anything you had in common.

But that came to an end just as quickly as it started. You had finished all of your assignments, it took you almost two weeks but it was done.

You didn't have an excuse to send an email to Professor Jeager anymore, not to talk about having a meet-up.

It was a good thing, right? At least you didn't have to worry about being misunderstood by anyone who could've seen you together. No more lying to your best friend and no more feeling guilty about it.

Then why did you feel so sad? It had been three days since the last time you had talked to Eren and, since then, you had just been lying on your bed and getting depressed. Even Mikasa was worried about you and had tried to cheer you up somehow.

Jean himself had tried to call you many times saying that he wanted to make sure you were ok. But you didn't want them to check on you, you wanted to receive a call from that long-haired man with green eyes and a gentle smile.

You missed him, and not that figure that you could see during class. No, you weren't interested in that, you wanted to real him, the one who could talk about his college days and then laugh when you joked about Vice Principal Ackerman and his odd ways.

"Ugh." You pouted as you turned in your bed and hugged your pillow. "I don't have the strength to study today." You muttered.

"Again?" Mikasa asked from her bed placed opposite to yours. "It's the fourth day, are you sure nothing happened?" She got up and got closer to you. "You don't have a fever and you said yourself that nothing hurts."

You nodded. "I'm ok. I'm just very tired."

"I know you had two stressful weeks, but you can't procrastinate again and repeat everything again, why don't you come to work out with me?"

"Because your workouts are way too hard for me, it's like you're trying to kill yourself with exercises. I get it that you have amazing abs and you want to keep them, but I personally like my fluffy belly." You explained touching your stomach.

Your friend looked at you reluctantly before sighing. "At least come to class with me, today Professor Jeager will start a new topic."

That name, that was exactly what you didn't want to hear. "Noooo." You groaned and hid your face with your pillow. "I don't want to! I'm tired and his classes are so boring!" Or more like, I'd probably stare at him the entire time and daydream about going on a date with him... again. "Just make sure to pass me your notes."

Mikasa didn't know what else to do to help you, she would've stayed with you but something told her that you wanted some alone time. "Alright, for anything just text me." She patted your head and then went to grab her things. "And try to eat something, your belly won't stop being fluffy just because you won't eat anything."