Twenty-One

November had arrived faster than Max and Ahri could have imagined. It was a chilly evening as Max sat in the VIP box, his heart pounding with excitement and pride. He watched as Ahri, the love of his life, prepared to compete in the championship finals of the season.

Sitting beside Max were Charles and Genevieve, both wearing smiles of support for their friend and her incredible achievement. Ahri's entire team, including her manager, trainer, and her best friend Sara, were also present to cheer her on. The atmosphere in the VIP box was electric, filled with anticipation for the match ahead.

On the court, Ahri was in her element. The game was progressing smoothly, with both players showcasing their incredible skill and determination. It wasn't a one-sided affair; instead, it was a fierce battle where Ahri seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself. Her powerful shots and strategic moves were a testament to her hard work and dedication to the sport.

Max couldn't take his eyes off her. He was immensely proud of what she had achieved, and watching her compete at the highest level filled him with admiration. Every serve, every volley, and every winning point brought a rush of excitement and joy.

The tension in the stadium was palpable as the last set of the championship match unfolded. Every eye was fixed on Ahri, including those in the VIP box. It felt as if the entire world had held its breath, waiting for this moment.

Ahri's opponent served, and Ahri, with her incredible determination, met the ball with perfect precision. As her opponent missed her return, a hushed silence filled the stadium, holding its collective breath. Then, the umpire's voice rang out, breaking the tension, "Game, set, match, Ahri Kim!"

In an instant, the silence gave way to an explosion of joy from the crowd. Ahri fell to her knees, overwhelmed with emotion. She had done it—Ahri Kim was now a four-time world champion.

Max, however, seemed frozen in place, his eyes never leaving Ahri even after her victory was declared. The VIP box was filled with jubilation as Charles, unable to contain his excitement, shook Max out of his trance.

Max blinked, a mixture of pride, happiness, and awe flooding his senses. He jumped up, cheering loudly with the rest of the crowd.

As Ahri received her championship trophy, her eyes scanned the crowd. She knew her parents had bailed again, but she saw something even more precious—a sea of familiar faces. There were her friends, her loyal team, her trainer, her manager, and most importantly, her beloved Max.

Each of them had a proud and joyful expression, and it warmed her heart. The trophy she held in her hands was a symbol of her remarkable achievement, the culmination of years of hard work and dedication. But in that moment, as she looked at her found family in the crowd, she realized that the trophy, significant as it was, paled in comparison to the love and support she had from these incredible people.

With tears of joy in her eyes, Ahri raised the trophy high, not just for herself, but for her found family—the ones who had been there through every victory and defeat, the ones who had cheered her on, celebrated with her most importantly had loved her.

.

.

.

The Abu Dhabi Circuit buzzed with excitement as the last grand prix of the season was about to begin. Ahri sat in the Red Bull garage, her heart pounding with anticipation. The lights went out, and the race commenced, sending a wave of adrenaline through everyone present.

Lap after lap, the tension in the garage increased. Ahri watched every move, every overtake, and every twist and turn of the race. 

As the cars raced toward the finish line, the anticipation in the garage reached its peak. Then, like a bolt of lightning, Max Verstappen emerged from the final corners and crossed the finish line first, with the checkered flag waving triumphantly. He had done it. He had won the race and secured his second championship.

The garage erupted in cheers, applause, and jubilation.

The Red Bull team rushed out of the garage, their excitement uncontainable. Ahri joined the cheering crowd, her heart soaring with joy. Max emerged from his car, greeted by an ecstatic crowd of teammates, mechanics, and Christian Horner. He jumped, hugged, and exchanged high-fives with everyone in sight, his jubilation infectious.

Ahri stood at the edge of the celebration, a proud smile on her face. She watched as Max removed his helmet, his eyes scanning the crowd until they locked onto hers. In an instant, she sprinted toward him, and he met her halfway. Max Verstappen swept her off her feet, their lips crashing together in a passionate kiss.

Breaking the kiss, Ahri looked into his eyes, her voice filled with excitement. "We are champions of the world!"

Max grinned from ear to ear, pulling her closer for another kiss. "We are champions of the world."