Eleven

The hum of the airplane engines filled the cabin as Ahri sat by the window, her heart filled with anticipation and excitement. She gazed out at the clouds below, her thoughts wandering to the surprise she had planned for Max. Two hours ago, she had clinched the title at the Miami Open, and now, she was on a flight to Saudi Arabia.

Ahri had promised Max that she would meet him soon after the Miami Open, but she had kept the details of her arrival a well-guarded secret. Max didn't need to know the specifics; she only wanted to surprise him.

What Max also didn't know was that Ahri had altered her plans. Initially, she had no intention of attending the Saudi Grand Prix, but after the recent disappointment he faced in the previous race, she felt a deep urge to be by his side during the next one.

Through Charles and Phil, she had secretly coordinated an elaborate plan to make her presence known in Saudi Arabia. Her arrival was meant to be a complete surprise for Max. She was due to land just in time for the race, and the thought of seeing Max's reaction filled her with excitement.

Ahri's arrival at the circuit was met with excitement as she made her way through the bustling paddock. Phil had picked her up from the airport.

As she entered the paddock, her bright smile and confident stride caught the attention of familiar faces. Ahri had known these young British racers for years, mainly through her younger brother, Minho. Although Minho had never pursued a professional racing career, his karting hobby during his summers in Britain had led to these friendships.

"My, my, look who it is, Ri Kim!" George drawled with a grin teasing her using her family nickname. 

"Hello, boys," Ahri greeted with a warm smile, hugging each of them in turn. "Ahri has become so famous she doesn't hang out with her old friends anymore. Are you ashamed of being seen with your brother's friends, Ahri?" Alex teased, causing a round of chuckles.

"No, she's very posh now. She doesn't see below a Ferrari," Lando added playfully.

Ahri laughed, "Oh, come on, guys. He's my neighbour." Ahri said, referring to Charles.

George deadpanned, "We all live in Monte Carlo, love." Lando shifted the conversation, asking with intrigue, "I also heard there is a Red Bull fraternizing happening."

"Who told you that?" Ahri asked, intrigued. "My teammate," Lando shrugged nonchalantly.

"Of course, Ricciardo had to be the gossip aunt," Ahri rolled her eyes, not denying the rumours.

"So, is it true?" Alex pressed for details. Ahri, still smiling, replied, "Well, it's going somewhere."

"Anyway, boys, I need to go and fraternize with the Red Bull champ before he gets too busy," Ahri joked, playfully winking at them before bidding her old friends goodbye.

Ahri confidently walked into the Red Bull garage, the heart of Max's Formula 1 team. Curious eyes turned in her direction as she scanned the area. Finally, she spotted Max, his back turned to her, engrossed in a discussion with his engineers. She decided to have a little fun before revealing her presence.

"I'm looking for a world champion," Ahri teased loudly, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "He's Dutch, has blue eyes, and a serious passion for desserts."

Max's head snapped around at the familiar voice. His expression shifted from concentration to sheer astonishment. "Ahri!" he exclaimed, his face lighting up with a brilliant smile. He quickly closed the distance between them and pulled her into a warm hug, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was blamed for not being here last time, so I wasn't going to miss this time," Ahri explained with a playful grin.