Chapter ⁵ - Will You Leave Me Alone then?

Past but Nandini's side of the story

Nandini had her first huge crush. Every day she would stare at him from afar. Making sure he didn't notice her. He looked like a real-life Price and the irony was he was a Prince but that Price was a dream. A dream that she wouldn't ever accomplish. She lived in shadows and darkness while he lived in the spotlight.

His name was Abhimaan. Abhimaan Singh Mewar.

It was a rainy day, she sat quietly at the bus stop making notes. After a few minutes, he walked in. Nandini tried so hard to ignore his presence feeling his stare she looked up and saw the bus was already there.

" Here you can have this." She said and handed him her umbrella

But rain?"

" My bus has arrived, and it will take me to my complex. You can have it. Bye, sir."

The first time she talked to him. Nandini couldn't stop smiling the whole bus ride home.

She couldn't believe her crush had noticed her. She was on cloud nine.
But for him, it was nothing but an impromptu meeting with a stranger. Nandini thought, if only she knew.

After a few days,
During night...

Nandini was fast asleep when a loud banging on the door woke her up. She took the kitchen knife and clutched it tightly in her palm. Opening the door a bit she saw who was standing outside, her safety chain still hanging on the door.

When she saw who was standing outside, she was shocked. Her half-siblings- Aditya, Atharva, and Aadhya.

" What the fuck do you want!?" She asked glaring at them.

" Your help." The oldest out of the three answered.

" Yeah, you knocked on the wrong door buddy. No help for you here."

" Please it's about our father. He's dying."

" Isn't that great? Why are you so sad it's party time."

" Please help us we beg you."

" What do you want you have all the money in the world. The fuck why do you want my help then?'

" He has cancer. He needs a bone marrow transplant. We tested ourselves we weren't a match. You are our last hope."

" I would rather die than help that bastard."

" Enough you bitch. How dare you call my father a bastard." Aadhya screeched.

" Cause he is one honey. Now please leave."