Chapter ¹ - New Start

The kitchen was filled with the aroma of different spices and sizzling sounds

The kitchen was filled with the aroma of different spices and sizzling sounds. A young woman hummed a beautiful melody as she tossed the rice in the pan. Her hair was wrapped in a messy bun few strands of hair falling.

" First day of school." The lady announced happily. She packed her tiffin and plated her hair neatly and took a deep breath. Nandini looked around her new home that she had just rented out. There weren't many boxes to unpack only a few filled with books and two suitcases that were packed with her clothes.

She had just moved out from her college hostel to another state- Rajasthan. The land of the kings, at 23 she landed her first job in India's one of the best schools. It catered to the rich and the poor but they only had one condition the students would be selected on their merit, and no businessman could enroll their kid with a donation it has to be merit.

Nandini was on cloud nine after she passed her interview, though she would only teach classes 5-7 it was a huge deal for her. She almost passed out when she saw the salary and they even promised to promote her slowly if she completes other courses too.

When she had given her interview, Nandini knew that she wouldn't get into such an Elite school but the board was impressed with her grades.

Packing her stuff she checked if everything was switched off and locked the door. Nandini had already researched all about the public transport that was made available and she was very impressed. The government and the King have done some work here. Taking the bus she reached her new workplace.

The school was really big and divided into parts. The first one was for the kids, then grades 1-4, next was Nandini's section 5-7 then was 8-10 and the last one was 11-12 which were divided into three sections arts commerce, and Science.

" Excuse me? Where's the office?"

" Are you the new teacher?"

" Yes."

" Ah yes come I'll take you." The man said as he took her to the main office which would provide her with all the schedule.

" Here you ipad. All the schedule is saved in here along with the teachers' school app so you receive important notifications."

' An ipad!?, they just gave me an ipad.' Nandini thought to herself.

" The Principal madam is not here at the moment you can meet her after lunch if you have any doubt." The woman spoke.

When Nandini got out of the office she noticed the Principal's cabin. It had a huge brown door, there was a golden plate attached to it with a name engraved that said.

' Principal Ayaana Mewar '

The Peon escorted her to the very quiet staff room. All the teachers were either furiously writing down something or correcting papers.